Neca (custom) Wolf Predator: Can't Take It Anymore!

hellonearth

hello boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen! i don't know about anyone else, but it completely drives me nuts that ol' wolfie got left behind in the neca world, as far as neca's current crusade on predators goes anyway. if they made "AVP" preds i'd probably still buy them, even though i'm not a HUGE fan, and i know they already wore wolf way the **** out in the past ( 8 somthin odd versions from one sculpt) but i still felt like he got ripped off. his body was permanantly fixed in some strange lurching pose and it has caused me to not even want to display him with the rest of my growing neca pred collection, is that not a shame?

here's the body...
DSC00972.jpg

one shoulder way up, one way down, couldn't touch his hips with his hands if he wanted to (arms don't go down!) legs wanting to be spread out like some 2 bit hooker, etc.

as you can see i've removed the body from a certain wolf fig (which basically left me with "wolf parts") and kinda had to pull a Dr. Frankenstein to replace what was cut/pulled/ripped away, and while i hope none of you takes this as some disgraceful act, i realized that neca's tracker predator had a very similar body type, and EXACT base color of their previous wolf pred, so i went to work... and here's the idea...
DSC00964.jpg

i did have a tracker custom, but never really finished it, so i took it apart, i also had the body of the maskless berserker (since i had customed the first one, and just switch the heads out if need be) and while the tracker had the base color i wanted, the berserker, as we all know shows a little more skin than the others, so i used his sections of: from hip to mid thigh, and from elbow to guantlet joints (cut right below the disk of the elbow joint, so they can still work) cause i wanted as clean a slate as possible.

anyway, that's the idea, i'm really happy with the results so far, haven't painted it yet, but it seems like it will work pretty damn good. i plan on kinda melting down some of the little tricep protrusions that the berserkers have to make it more wolf like, but the rest on that scale i believe will look quite nice once painted, i'm also using/cloning some of the straps from all 3 figs to make up for the lack of straps to the chest and back armor,etc. that are sculpted onto the original body.
DSC00976.jpg

DSC00958.jpg

so, you may have noticed that his legs may look a little "stubby" in the pics, but that's because upon removing the legs from the thighs, the seperation points were not even, the left legs was higher up on the thigh than the right, making the left leg longer than the other when i attached them to the berserker thighs, so i fixed that by cutting off about an 1/8 in. disk off the upper thigh of my "wolf torso", put it over the peg of the lower leg, glued it to the lower leg, and it works perfectly! i also cut maybe a 1/16 in. disk off the other berserker torso, glued it upside down to the bottom of the body in use, to A: fill the gap that the old waist armor does not fill, and B: raise his waist line slightly, so i can bring his belts up (and glued) to make him more proportionate.

it's really all worked quite well so i encourage any of you who has some extra parts to try it. i'll update this thread pointing out the differences of proportion, and obviously after painting him, but i'm really happy with the results so far. i'll also depict how i transplanted these elbow joints off of one, and into a new body, it's not as easy as you would think, you can't just "pull on em".

sorry i keep referring to changes that i'm not depicting, these pics were taken right before my camera desided that it's battery was no longer usable. so i'll be getting a new battery soon. hope at least one of you is inspired to try this :D and if you do i'll be happy to answer any questions you have along the way. updates soon my dudes. and sorry about all the... words... just trying to be descriptive with the current lack of pics.

Awesommmmeeee
Thats such a cool mod man...I have spare Falconer and Berserker parts lying around, I may try it out! hmmm...what to use for netting...

well thank you wolf pred 1! i do hope you attempt it, what am i saying, it really kinda builds itself, the thighs match up perfectly, the elbows are kinda tricky but very doable ( i also used the elbow transplant to fix my elders broken elbow) but it's not even necessary if you're goin' to repaint the whole thing anyway, i was just trying to make the painting easier on myself with the tracker body. and one thing i didn't think to describe (which i will in detail) is how to fix the neck, cause unfortunately it's not the same joint. but if/when you get there i'll certainly walk you through it if you get there before i update this.

and (the original reason for replying) as far as the netting, i was kinda hoping just painting it on would suffice for the size, but i was gonna try to find something that would fill as netting. i'll again let ya know if i find something, just couldn't take leavin' him out because his creator was too stubborn to find a better way.

well thank you wolf pred 1! i do hope you attempt it, what am i saying, it really kinda builds itself, the thighs match up perfectly, the elbows are kinda tricky but very doable ( i also used the elbow transplant to fix my elders broken elbow) but it's not even necessary if you're goin' to repaint the whole thing anyway, i was just trying to make the painting easier on myself with the tracker body. and one thing i didn't think to describe (which i will in detail) is how to fix the neck, cause unfortunately it's not the same joint. but if/when you get there i'll certainly walk you through it if you get there before i update this.

and (the original reason for replying) as far as the netting, i was kinda hoping just painting it on would suffice for the size, but i was gonna try to find something that would fill as netting. i'll again let ya know if i find something, just couldn't take leavin' him out because his creator was too stubborn to find a better way.

No prob H, I have started the build on him and i must say ur right about the legs, perfect match up! I'm about to do his head but luckily i have just read ur reply XD
so how did u do the neck? did u use a dremel? thanks for the help bro

I love the custom wolf, dont get me wrong... but isnt more easy just use the P1 body or the new lost preds body? They already have the net in their torso :)

Well, well, well... what have we here?

Sounds like a really good project to be working on. Best of luck to ya and I cannot wait to see progress pics.

finally a neca custom in the hands of mr.hellonearth. looks super cool.
knowing your skill this is going to be nice. good luck

Excellent Mod, yeah the Wolf pose is great if it was a statue but as a possable figure it leaves little room to change his pose!!
Wolf is still my favorite as it was the first Predator figure i ever got, present from Mrs Tusky :love:

Awesommmmeeee
Thats such a cool mod man...I have spare Falconer and Berserker parts lying around, I may try it out! hmmm...what to use for netting...

i use a Garlic bag...
its white so you may want to paint it, but it looks and streches just like a net...
that is what i used for my recent custom pred...

Yea, i did see that too, but im pretty sure he's using the falconer torso and berserker thighs and forearms. Great job on the mash up! Defidently better than the silly pose they had him in before.

Hey guys, been gone a while (6 years roughly) just had so much go on since then. Anyway I decided to finish this the other day (almost, still doesn’t have the net) I actually started all over with the same concept, but I have a list of things that I’ve been dying to tackle so stay tuned.

Here is nearly finished wolf...

8C609BD2-4616-4DDE-A567-D919829CAEC9.jpeg

FE4932FF-2B90-4EA7-B489-7B29B92EBA90.jpeg

7773B460-552B-41AB-8A11-4F02526F58F0.jpeg

C0D00E72-6946-403F-A738-36597A542B56.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back