NCC 7100 Stargazer - From Picard's Ready Room

Someone else offered: "Actually, the lower turret like blisters were from a Yamato/Star Blazers Tripod tank. Bandai produced the kit."

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick: "Actually, you're absolutely right; I just looked. One blister was smooth, the other got the Orguss turret thingie. Which on the Stargazer is a narrow angle subspace intel sensor. At least, that's what Starfleet -says- it is. :D"

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked models in the following: Nitto/Takara, ARII, Crusher Joe, Star Blazers, Macross, Aoshima....I didn't see the kit I think I remember. Maybe one of you can look through these. I may have missed it.

I wonder if they're just Plastruct dished heads. I have to place an order for a different project and will throw in a few to test out.

EDIT: Rick also thought they might have been EMA/Plastruct domes, so I ordered a pair and we'll see how they look soon.

Last edited:
Checking reference pictures online I found this bottom view of the latest version of the Micro Machines USS Stargazer. The two round domes on the bow are pretty much the same size and depth as on the original Micro Machine Stargazer, which was based more on the model in Picard's Ready Room on the Enterprise D. So this is about as close to what the original model parts could be. These appear to be very shallow so they could be the tops of the "pill container" that the XaBungle came out of. What do you all think? Possible?

Stargazer underside.jpg

That's what I had in my notes but my feeling is they are too small to have held our little blue friend.

Too bad, Micro Machines went bottoms-up with this iteration. To my knowledge that's actually the Valkyrie, the last configuration of the studio model.

USS Stargazer underside yellow.jpg

I just found this picture online of the underside of the yellow model in Picard's Ready Room. The pink arrows point to the items used from the Orgus Flyer, which we have already identified. What is visible is the bow of the underside and we can see the two round blisters which still need to be identified, as well as what is in front of the triangular stand from the Guramu-Zan kit. Unfortunately this is the largest size for this picture, so identifying this part is going to take someone with excellent eyes. Anyone care to give it a try?

I found out where this pic is from, Rick Sternbach's Facebook page, so Rick gets credit for posting it originally.

Last edited:
Here's a thought, can anyone with a 1/144 Saturn 5 rocket check to see if the upper domes on the first two stages might be what the round blisters are? That's the impression I get when I look at the pics of those round blisters.

I've got plenty of the Airfix Saturn V thanks to the X Wing, unfortunately the only parts in the kit that are close to that size appear too small to my eye and barely dome shaped. There is a Revell version at the same scale, different tooling, but I do not have that one.

I'm finally getting back to this project and although I'm happy with my progress I'm still no where near a final execution of the main hull.

As as I muddle through that referencing the great work of ProfK I'm attempting to develop a color palette for the 'ugly' yellow. I see four, maybe five colors.

Yellow/tan base
Starfleet duck eggish blue
Some sort of warm medium gray
A purplish grey used on the nacelles only (or perhaps a trick of the light?)
A light grayish green on the lower cannon (perhaps unpainted plastic of the donor parts?)

I'd appreciate any thoughts/feedback.

Finally, where is the original model? Briefly glimpsed in Generations, surely no one smashed it with the rest of the ready room set. Does Sternbach have it, does Probert know or even care? Should the owner be reading, please allow me to come to you for a few shots and maybe a color match. Please.

Finally, where is the original model? Briefly glimpsed in Generations, surely no one smashed it with the rest of the ready room set. Does Sternbach have it, does Probert know or even care? Should the owner be reading, please allow me to come to you for a few shots and maybe a color match. Please.

I thought someone said the original was an Afrika Korps yellow? Don't quote me on that.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back