NBC's Community

That was some of the greatest TV I've seen.

And if you want to talk story structure for the long game, Jeff enters the series wanting to get out of Greendale as fast as possible and not get attached to anyone... he then finishes the series knowing he's going to be there forever and eventually be left behind.

The scene between him and Annie was probably my favorite in the series... and I almost WEPT when Jeff hugged abed... more than anything because it was like watching Dan Harmon hug "Community".

Even that last commercial gag, you can hear Dan Harmon choke up during "life may pass by while we ignore or mistreat those closest to us, those closest to use may be those watching, those people may want to know i love them but I may be incapable of saying it..."

Please no season 7. they'll never beat that episode.

#andamovie

Wikipedia:
On June 3, 2015 in an interview with TV Insider, Dan Harmon explained why season six would likely be the last of the series. Stating "We've exploded into these successful shrapnel. Ken is now Dr Ken. Alison has probably got her eye on movies. Gillian is working on a Netflix show. If there was some magical way of guaranteeing that everyone could come back all at once, let's do it. But it would be a lot easier to put together a movie project and get them all on board than to say, 'Let's give it one more season!'"[

I don't want another (as I've said above)... that finale was so REAL and heartfelt, I don't want to see it go on...

'cept for the Movie.

I don't want another (as I've said above)... that finale was so REAL and heartfelt, I don't want to see it go on...

'cept for the Movie.
Yeah, I can't say I disagree with you.
Harmon's premise (a wacky community college and all the odd stuff that happens when you're trying to get a degree at one) sort of painted the show into a corner in that once everyone was done with Greendale as students, there wasn't much of a reason for the show to still exist.
That, and shedding of the actors each time you turned around, slowly chipped away at the magic of the show itself.
If there's a movie, Donald Glover and Yvette Brown have got to come back for that! If nothing else, we have to see Troy and Abed reunited again, even if it's just for the duration of the film itself. Troy Barnes's pirate abduction needs to be resolved.
Other than that, I guess I now see Community as I would a very long vacation, where you loved almost every minute, but in the end, you're okay with it ending as you'll always have fond memories.

As much as it sucks that it's over... I hope it stays over. Community is one of the few shows that I've watched that really summed itself up at the end and stayed relevant throughout the entire series.

Community had a really nice finale and great season. I do miss the fact that we never got closure with Troy and Shirley, especially since Troy goes on his trip. Maybe thats for the movie.

Aaaaaaand....

Someone just gave me this... for free....

Looks like I'm building a community prop replica...

11236469_1675112382721603_8020810127544410183_n.jpgflat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

Funny, there's no buzz at all on what'll happen next. I can't be the only person out there wondering if indeed there'll be a movie or not.
I guess like many of you Greendale fans, I've mentally slapped a "THE END" sticker on Community after season 6 was done. I'm really hoping for a DVD of the final season as I had so much trouble watching some of those episodes online...
I've also seen a few props and costume pieces popping up on ePay sporadically... I'm hoping that they'll eventually have a big dump of stuff from the show as I'd love to have a few items from the series.
I wore my Greendale Community shirt the other day in a big city and three different people yelled out, "Six seasons and movie!" as they passed me. Got two high-fives on that point. So yeah, the fans are still out there, no question.

I have all seasons HD from magical torrent land.

Bluray would be nice though.

Cept season 4... that should always only be DVD.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back