National Treasure Silence Dogood Letters Font Help + Charlotte Note

Re: National Treasure Silence Doogood Letters Font Help

While we are at it does anyone do a decent Charlotte note? I have tried everything including tracing it off the TV and it still comes out lousy.

I can't believe all the amazing work on this that has been done and can't thank you guys enough.

I think this will be a real nice prop anyone can have without breaking the bank.

@jameth1971 I did one awhile back that is based on a screen grab. I've posted it with a background and without a background. Hope it works for you.

@Murdoc, I've tried my hand at calligraphy and it is just a horrible mess. It is quite a skill so if you were able to create a good signature I am quite envious and my hat is off to you.

bfd

Last edited:

Here is my first test for the signature of the SD letters.

The upper part has been "written" (it is more drawing then writting ehehe) with a
calligraphy letter pen. The lower one is made with an "sepia" colored artist pen (brush).
I will give it try now with a real dib pen. Will be hard to choose the correct nib so. I
hope to have in usefull nib and to catch the correct angle for the script.

Thanks bfd :)
Not perfect, but its looking better in real. Will buy an iron-gal ink to make ro redo it
with the dip pen. So lets see how this is turning out. Will keep you updated.

hey guys check out vletter the best website for historic fonts. I used it when I was making my Book of Secrets

@jameth1971 I did one awhile back that is based on a screen grab. I've posted it with a background and without a background. Hope it works for you.

@Murdoc, I've tried my hand at calligraphy and it is just a horrible mess. It is quite a skill so if you were able to create a good signature I am quite envious and my hat is off to you.

bfd

You rock. Thanks so much. That is perfect :love:love

Thanks Jameth.

Actually I've reworked it to be even closer to screen accurate (IMHO). It's still not perfect but it's perfectly close. ;)

bfd

Last edited:

Thanks Jameth.

Actually I've reworked it to be even closer to screen accurate (IMHO). It's still not perfect but it's perfectly close. ;)

bfd

You are even awesomer than before. Don't think that's a word but it's true. You are awesomer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Working on printing it on some aged paper as we speak,..or as I type.

Thanks

Thanks guys, my pleasure to be able to provide something people might like to use.

And awesomer should be a real word, 'cause it sounds pretty good to me anyway. :lol

bfd

Anyone know how to get a pic from an IPAD to here? I took it with the IPAD and "copied" it. Now what?

I made a Charlotte note I want to show off.

Do you have a photobucket acc.? If yes there is a free app from photobucket.
You can upload any pic from the ipad to your photobucket account and share the link.

You've made a Charlotte note with your ipad? Sounds cool :)

Do you have a photobucket acc.? If yes there is a free app from photobucket.
You can upload any pic from the ipad to your photobucket account and share the link.

You've made a Charlotte note with your ipad? Sounds cool :)

Yep on photobucket, I will do that next. Thanks. I was hoping I could post straight from the IPAD like I can email pics and videos straight from it.

No I did not use the IPAD to make the note. Just to take a pic of it. I used Barneyrfd's awesome note and threw it in Word document and printed it off on some aged paper.

Last edited:

1f78c060.jpg

That's my note next to what I believe is a screencap from the film.

Thanks again to Barneyrfd.

Not bad for first attempt.

Thanks again for the note and IPAD help

My next one will be a little bigger piece of paper as I had little room to work. It was a scrap aged piece of paper that had printing on it. A rejected Grail Diary page.

Also I will play around with trying to match the ageing on the real prop.

Looks good Jameth. I tried to print out one yesterday as well but of course...I'm out of ink!!

It's hard to tell the exact size of the note but judging from a screen grab I have of someone holding the note it appears to be about 2.5" to 3" high and 4.5" to 5.5" wide with the writing itself about 1/2" high at the caps.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back