National treasure real meerschaum pipe

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,
I am looking for reference photos of the pipe we can see in national treasure movie.
I will carve one from meerschaum, and I try to get visual informations.
It's not easy as the most I find are small pictures, or replicasn the good one from relikmaker, and some really not that good from different makers.
Si if someone has something he could share, I would be happy.
I don't remember exactly but I think some original cast parts have been sold on auction some years ago.
I hope someone will be able to provide help for references.

Last edited:
Sorry, I cannot help, but I'm looking forward to see your work, with your talent for sculpting, it's going to be amazing! :)

I got no reply, so I used movie screenshots as reference pictures.
After some searches, I think the design is less or more based from antique german pipes.
So I will make the bowl from meerschaum, but the stem will be made from horn and ivory, maybe horn, ivory and wood if I can't find complete horn tube.
Here is the meerschaum blank with some very rough shaping.
IMG_0439.JPG

That's wicked! I never thought about the pipe from that movie (always focused on other bits in it lol). Can't wait to see the final build.

I hope this helps from Ozgur pipe maker, the owner passed and they are no longer in business I missed out on the second one, i believe one was made they also had many pics but since they took them all down, these pics are from the guy I know,whom purchased it ,maybe you can make one for me if it comes out like the pics , glad to help a fellow member, if I can find mor pic I’ll post them for you.
joe
58DBDE68-0FA4-46D1-9B73-13139E2086C2.jpeg
DBA85F4D-D748-473C-BFCA-9CEA5829C3BA.jpeg
4D5BD39B-D6DC-4792-9BFA-4A6231EB49D2.jpeg
CC9140D2-D55B-43B5-8CEF-A6BD252B793D.jpeg
2CA5F965-999D-462A-814F-9E3EC3ABE903.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back