National treasure real meerschaum pipe

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,
I am looking for reference photos of the pipe we can see in national treasure movie.
I will carve one from meerschaum, and I try to get visual informations.
It's not easy as the most I find are small pictures, or replicasn the good one from relikmaker, and some really not that good from different makers.
Si if someone has something he could share, I would be happy.
I don't remember exactly but I think some original cast parts have been sold on auction some years ago.
I hope someone will be able to provide help for references.

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

eethan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sorry, I cannot help, but I'm looking forward to see your work, with your talent for sculpting, it's going to be amazing! :)

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got no reply, so I used movie screenshots as reference pictures.
After some searches, I think the design is less or more based from antique german pipes.
So I will make the bowl from meerschaum, but the stem will be made from horn and ivory, maybe horn, ivory and wood if I can't find complete horn tube.
Here is the meerschaum blank with some very rough shaping.
IMG_0439.JPG

Dingo80

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That's wicked! I never thought about the pipe from that movie (always focused on other bits in it lol). Can't wait to see the final build.

Joe310blk

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I hope this helps from Ozgur pipe maker, the owner passed and they are no longer in business I missed out on the second one, i believe one was made they also had many pics but since they took them all down, these pics are from the guy I know,whom purchased it ,maybe you can make one for me if it comes out like the pics , glad to help a fellow member, if I can find mor pic I’ll post them for you.
joe
58DBDE68-0FA4-46D1-9B73-13139E2086C2.jpeg
DBA85F4D-D748-473C-BFCA-9CEA5829C3BA.jpeg
4D5BD39B-D6DC-4792-9BFA-4A6231EB49D2.jpeg
CC9140D2-D55B-43B5-8CEF-A6BD252B793D.jpeg
2CA5F965-999D-462A-814F-9E3EC3ABE903.jpeg

Last edited: