Nathan Fillion = Green Lantern?

Might be worth it. in fact, it’s got me wondering: has there ever been a role he’s taken on that wasn’t good? I mean, seriously, I cannot think of one role that I didn’t like with him in it, let alone heard of anyone not liking him in.

He's voiced the character a handful of times already too.

That said, if they're already cracking out green lantern for superman reboot 1, they can just save themselves a lot of time, money, and embarrassment by just throwing their whole reboot DC series in the trash right now.

Rushing to a justice league before they've even established any of the core characters, once again.

This "our superman movie just happens to have a half dozen other DC heros, but it's a superman movie, honest." crud is ridiculous.

He's voiced the character a handful of times already too.

That said, if they're already cracking out green lantern for superman reboot 1, they can just save themselves a lot of time, money, and embarrassment by just throwing their whole reboot DC series in the trash right now.

Rushing to a justice league before they've even established any of the core characters, once again.

This "our superman movie just happens to have a half dozen other DC heros, but it's a superman movie, honest." crud is ridiculous.

Warner Bros studio bosses:

"Why should we spend years doing a bunch of individual character movies and building up to a $2b 'Endgame' flick? Let's just make 'Endgame' every time! This will make so much more money!"

It’s not a Superman origin, AGAIN… he’s been around a while and there are already heroes... ones who may have already formed somewhat of a team.

They just need to get a guy who can write a movie with an ensemble of characters - who each get enough time in the movie to have their own little arc…

Like a James Gunn or something….

Warner Bros studio bosses:

"Why should we spend years doing a bunch of individual character movies and building up to a $2b 'Endgame' flick? Let's just make 'Endgame' every time! This will make so much more money!"
It worked grest for us with bvs a d justic e league.....oh wait

But they’re not making a justice league movie…

You can follow a protagonist and introduce characters without doing an origins story for each one.

Lukas didn’t make Star Wars after making a Ben Kenobi movie, Leia movie, Han movie… Luke met them over the movie… nuts, I know!.

Superman can meet green lantern, or even already know him without a green lantern corps movie first… we didn’t need a “Lando” film before Han met him in Empire….

Weird this is even a thing people are worried about.

But they’re not making a justice league movie…

You can follow a protagonist and introduce characters without doing an origins story for each one.

Lukas didn’t make Star Wars after making a Ben Kenobi movie, Leia movie, Han movie… Luke met them over the movie… nuts, I know!.

Superman can meet green lantern, or even already know him without a green lantern corps movie first… we didn’t need a “Lando” film before Han met him in Empire….

Weird this is even a thing people are worried about.
Its less that amd more that tbey hsve announced like 5 other supers for this so far. Trying to rekindle superman will be hard enough. Reeve is revered and cavill split people. Superman by definition does not need that much help, or any help really. The main reason to do is if you are trying to build a marvel level and you are trying to get there quicker. Guardians is a team, it needed 5 people. Superman is not. If you announce these people and they get 30 seconds, you get blowback, so theres only one reason to give him a team.

Now it doesnt mean it cant work, but yeah, they are trying to shorten the path to a universe.

Its less that amd more that tbey hsve announced like 5 other supers for this so far. Trying to rekindle superman will be hard enough. Reeve is revered and cavill split people. Superman by definition does not need that much help, or any help really. The main reason to do is if you are trying to build a marvel level and you are trying to get there quicker. Guardians is a team, it needed 5 people. Superman is not. If you announce these people and they get 30 seconds, you get blowback, so theres only one reason to give him a team.

Now it doesnt mean it cant work, but yeah, they are trying to shorten the path to a universe.
I’ve actually been delving back into comics for the first time since 1994…. (JASON TODD IS ALIVE!? WTF!?!”

And in doing so, I’m kinda like “hey, I jumped into this bat-family, with no idea who any of these people are… but am greatly enjoying this! Why not do a movie like this?”

And then brave and the bold was announced with Damian Wayne as Robin…

I think Gunn’s just gonna drop viewers into an existing universe. If the movies are good, I think they’ll be accepted…

I went into the last series I read a bit confused, but by the end I’m like “Damian Wayne is kinda fun… gonna delve more into this bat-family”

I gotta assume it’s the same plan over at DC. Just tell good stories. No origins. Interesting relationships that already exist.

No one wants to see a Guy Gardner movie anyway! Just stick him in the Supes movie as a secondary.

I think the movies that Cavill got were divisive, more than Cavill playing the role.

Reeve is so iconic because people remember Reeve + the Donner movies. If Reeve had only played the role in 'Superman 4' then it wouldn't seem so daunting to replace him now.

Same with Heath Ledger. Imagine if he had played the Joker in a Joel Schumacher Batman movie instead of a Nolan one.

The studios are always trying to overload these superhero/universe movies with extra characters. I feel like the viewing public should be more savvy/skeptical about the practice by now. If the studio bosses had their way then every single movie would be trotting out characters like Bill & Ted's history report.

I loved MoS, BvS UE and JC SC. Don‘t think these movies are bad objectively but understand if people do not like them. Many people love the Black Panther movies or Episode 8, which I really can‘t watch a second time, because I found them to be some of the worst movies ever made.

I would‘ve loved to see Nathan Fillion among Cavill, Affleck and Gadot. Didn‘t need Ezra, really liked Fisher.

And a JL with Suicied Squad flick just to have Fillion, Cena and Elba sharing the screen could‘ve been gold. But Fillions character from SS is still alive as far as I know. Nathan mentioned it in an interview.

Fillion in the background here...

Screenshot_20240222-181119.png

... & front & center here, in a pic taken after the table read...

Screenshot_20240222-181231.png

With Fillion's charm & fan base, & been see him stealing the show & becoming the accidental star of this thing. LOL

EDIT:

Here's the official logo used at the table read... IYKYK.

Screenshot_20240222-183118.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back