Mysterio from Far From Home

My 3d print helmet progress. Man, its a bitch to model! LOL!
I considered eva foam, but since I have a printer, a hard surface item like this sometimes is easier to do.

I have two versions, one with open vents in the back, and one with them closed. I was considering covering them with mesh from the inside for additional ventilation.

I hope to scale this to the 12" amazon globe, but scaling it to fit it might be tricky.. one of the advantages of the foam method.

If the OP would prefer, I'll post my work in a new thread, but I kind of prefer resources and builds from multiple people in the same thread, so we can brainstorm ideas together.

Attachments

• front 3q_scaled.jpg
    front 3q_scaled.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 139
  • front scaled.jpg
    front scaled.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 197
  • rear vents_scaled.jpg
    rear vents_scaled.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 164
  • side_scaled.jpg
    side_scaled.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 213
And my 3d modelled cape clasps. I haven't finished the backs yet because I haven't decided how to attach them yet.

If the costume is on display at sdcc this week, I'll post reference images from friends attending.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1563415670065.jpg
    FB_IMG_1563415670065.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 278
I have sdcc reference pics. The op hasn't replied about posting reference material here, so I'll only pretty the few back cape pics I have. (They weren't allowing guests on stage, and a stagehands took these for a friend attending.)

Attachments

• received_2525904417440963.jpeg
    received_2525904417440963.jpeg
    819.1 KB · Views: 442
  • received_866879193705350.jpeg
    received_866879193705350.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 312
Ok, here's where I'm leaving it. Not screen accurate since reference has been really hard to find. It's on display on the Marvel stage at Comic Con but I can't get up there to see the back of the cloak. Regardless, I'm happy enough with how it turned out. I might poke at it after Comic Con but for now, it is what it is.

Mark

Attachments

• Mark 1.jpg
    Mark 1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 342
  • Mark 2.jpg
    Mark 2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 302
I have sdcc reference pics. The op hasn't replied about posting reference material here, so I'll only pretty the few back cape pics I have. (They weren't allowing guests on stage, and a stagehands took these for a friend attending.)

Yeah, I discovered I couldn't get up on stage. A couple of years ago, they DID let me up to take close up shots of Doctor Strange's cloak. :)

Mark

What's the plan to decorate your dome to have it obscure your head while still being see through?

As cool as the vapor in the helmet is, I can't imagine that would be comfortable in the long run for breathing.

Maybe a light spray of mirror paint on the inside or some one way tint?

I did a light spray inside the helmet with Dark Steel paint. I like it because it has a slight sparkle to it. I painted heavier along the 3/4 of the dome NOT in front of the face. I went light there. Underneath, I'm wearing a dark grey balacava which matches the paint color. Obscures the head pretty well.

I did a light spray inside the helmet with Dark Steel paint. I like it because it has a slight sparkle to it. I painted heavier along the 3/4 of the dome NOT in front of the face. I went light there. Underneath, I'm wearing a dark grey balacava which matches the paint color. Obscures the head pretty well.

Looks perfect! The glossy finish on the outside catches outside lights great, you'd have to squint to see your head there.

Looks perfect! The glossy finish on the outside catches outside lights great, you'd have to squint to see your head there.

Yeah, spraying inside (as opposed to outside) was key. That way, you don't scratch the paint and the outside stays glossy. Just make sure the paint is completely dry before putting on your head. :)

My 3d print helmet progress. Man, its a bitch to model! LOL!
I considered eva foam, but since I have a printer, a hard surface item like this sometimes is easier to do.

I have two versions, one with open vents in the back, and one with them closed. I was considering covering them with mesh from the inside for additional ventilation.

I hope to scale this to the 12" amazon globe, but scaling it to fit it might be tricky.. one of the advantages of the foam method.

If the OP would prefer, I'll post my work in a new thread, but I kind of prefer resources and builds from multiple people in the same thread, so we can brainstorm ideas together.

I wouldn't print that. These domes are $20 from lighting supply websites. After Comic Con, I'll send you a link.

I wouldn't print that. These domes are $20 from lighting supply websites. After Comic Con, I'll send you a link.

The globes are $40 or so on amazon.. I couldn't find any cheaper. I bought the globe, and am just printing the base, cape clasps, and bracers. I posted pics of the back of the cape, but didn't want to hijack your thread. Unfortunately, its draping, so you can;t see the pattern or jewelry accessories on it too well.

BTW, amazon now carries led fairy strings that do a twinkling effect.. the best I've seen is using sheet polyfill inside the globe to simulate smoke, and using the twinkling leds inside of it. I'm thinking of spraying a light coat of spray glue on the outside of the polyfoam, and just sprinkling some of that micro glitter on it.

With your blessing, I'll post the rest of the reference pictures I have from sdcc. I have about 15 or so.

The globes are $40 or so on amazon.. I couldn't find any cheaper. I bought the globe, and am just printing the base, cape clasps, and bracers. I posted pics of the back of the cape, but didn't want to hijack your thread. Unfortunately, its draping, so you can;t see the pattern or jewelry accessories on it too well.

BTW, amazon now carries led fairy strings that do a twinkling effect.. the best I've seen is using sheet polyfill inside the globe to simulate smoke, and using the twinkling leds inside of it. I'm thinking of spraying a light coat of spray glue on the outside of the polyfoam, and just sprinkling some of that micro glitter on it.

With your blessing, I'll post the rest of the reference pictures I have from sdcc. I have about 15 or so.

Here's the one I bought. $20 plus like $11 shipping. Pretty sturdy acrylic.

So I had a BLAST as Mysterio at San Diego Comic Con yesterday. There were only two others there. One was an old-school comic version and a girl had a Chinese made printed spandex suit with no helmet. I'll post more pics later but here's one of my favs:

1563724632577.png

And yes, I could see out of the helmet. Not great because it fogged up a bit when it got hot, but enough to be able to see where I was going and who was lining up for a pic.

Mark

Sorry if this is overstepping bounds, but is RPF etiquette okay with asking users for their 3d print files? Radioman your chestpiece looks amazing and Gareee your work so far is equally splendid, it'd be great to not have to reinvent the wheel :)

Here's the one I bought. $20 plus like $11 shipping. Pretty sturdy acrylic.

Thats a good deal.. my 12" was $24 shipped after some amazon credits.
Foos, sorry, I won't be releasing the model. I haven't decided yet if I'll sell prints... it looks like it'l take 27 hours to print.
I added additional detail based on the sdcc reference photos.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 144
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 179
  • threequarters_vented.jpg
    threequarters_vented.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 126
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back