Mysterio from Far From Home

Thats a good deal.. my 12" was $24 shipped after some amazon credits.
Foos, sorry, I won't be releasing the model. I haven't decided yet if I'll sell prints... it looks like it'l take 27 hours to print.
I added additional detail based on the sdcc reference photos.

Nice. I like the collar you're designing. Again, I had zero reference so I just guessed a lot. Also, your dome is probably more accurate at 12". I went with the 14" based on some feedback from other builders here on the RPF and I think for a comics version, it's probably accurate but the film version is VERY small. Plus, I have a lot of room in the helmet right now (which is full of fans and lights).

Mark

My 3d print helmet progress. Man, its a bitch to model! LOL!
I considered eva foam, but since I have a printer, a hard surface item like this sometimes is easier to do.

I have two versions, one with open vents in the back, and one with them closed. I was considering covering them with mesh from the inside for additional ventilation.

I hope to scale this to the 12" amazon globe, but scaling it to fit it might be tricky.. one of the advantages of the foam method.

If the OP would prefer, I'll post my work in a new thread, but I kind of prefer resources and builds from multiple people in the same thread, so we can brainstorm ideas together.

Sorry, just saw this. I would highly recommend putting fans in for venting. I have a fan sitting roughly on either cheek that was pulling air into the helmet through holes drilled into the acrylic dome. This allowed me to turn my head to the left or right and have fresh air blowing directly up into my nose. I also had holes at the very top with the intention of venting carbon dioxide out.

As suggested, I started my own reference and build thread.

Nice. I like the collar you're designing. Again, I had zero reference so I just guessed a lot. Also, your dome is probably more accurate at 12". I went with the 14" based on some feedback from other builders here on the RPF and I think for a comics version, it's probably accurate but the film version is VERY small. Plus, I have a lot of room in the helmet right now (which is full of fans and lights).

Mark

I actually purchased both a 12" and a 14" to decide scale, and the 14" was just way too big for me. Even the 12" looks a tad large, but once I add the bulky cloak, I think it'll be fine.

I'll be using 02cool necklace fans under the collar, and am also adding the back vent holes for additional ventilation. My wife will have a spare fan with her with charged batteries, in case it gets too hot inside.

Someone had a great idea off attaching the globe to the collar with magnets.. that way the collar can stay put, but the globe can easily be removed if it gets too hot inside, or the batteries in the globe fail.

(I'll be at dragoncon, and expect to be in it for 12-16 hours with breaks, and expect the usual 95 degrees and 100% humidity of hotlanta...loL!)

I actually purchased both a 12" and a 14" to decide scale, and the 14" was just way too big for me. Even the 12" looks a tad large, but once I add the bulky cloak, I think it'll be fine.

I'll be using 02cool necklace fans under the collar, and am also adding the back vent holes for additional ventilation. My wife will have a spare fan with her with charged batteries, in case it gets too hot inside.

Someone had a great idea off attaching the globe to the collar with magnets.. that way the collar can stay put, but the globe can easily be removed if it gets too hot inside, or the batteries in the globe fail.

(I'll be at dragoncon, and expect to be in it for 12-16 hours with breaks, and expect the usual 95 degrees and 100% humidity of hotlanta...loL!)

I actually went the magnet route myself and highly recommend it. That dome will bounce around if you dont. It also makes a very satisfying click when you set it in place.

I don't know if this belongs here, but could anyone provide assistance into how to go about attaching the cape to the clasps and the wrap-around by the neck? trying to set up my own Mysterio for a con next year and it's been one of the more confusing pieces. There are some images ive seen of Quentin where the clasps are still on the chestplate but the cape is missing, so how is it all attached? bare with me here, a little new to the cosplay scene.

Far from home version and are they Eva foam templates

These are not specifically from the movie,but at least you'll have a foundation for your custom design.Most files on thingiverse can be opened by pepakura designer.You'll have to unfold it yourself though

I don't know if this belongs here, but could anyone provide assistance into how to go about attaching the cape to the clasps and the wrap-around by the neck? trying to set up my own Mysterio for a con next year and it's been one of the more confusing pieces

I can imagine the upper parts of the cape running through a letterbox opening of the clasps,and looping around and attaching to the cape again.Either that or fixate them with magnets on the chest.
I would probably consult with your local tailor about this before you ruin a good/expensive cape.

In an Instagram video, they showed them putting on his cape...it took several people, and it looked like there are actually bolts for it under the clasps.

I put grommets on mine and put bolts in the top of the armor. Then I hooked the grommets on the bolts and put the eye pieces on top of that. Held very well.

Mark

I was actually just thinking about doing something like this as well. I also realized that I could also use a camelbak and attach the armor to it for easy hydration.

I actually went the magnet route myself and highly recommend it. That dome will bounce around if you dont. It also makes a very satisfying click when you set it in place.

What size magnets did you use? I have 8mmx3mm, and some tiny 2mmx1.

I have the collar printed, and the 12" dome is the best scale I think we can use. I really needed fans blowing in, because that does steam up awfully fast since it's so much smaller than yours.

Plan is to anchor the front of the collar to a Eva foam shoulder armor that would give the cape that big shoulder look, snap the collar back onto the front using it's magnets, and then snap the globe onto the collar once the fans are on and running.

Last edited:
What size magnets did you use? I have 8mmx3mm, and some tiny 2mmx1.

I have the collar printed, and the 12" dome is the best scale I think we can use. I really needed fans blowing in, because that does steam up awfully fast since it's so much smaller than yours.

Plan is to anchor the front of the collar to a Eva foam shoulder armor that would give the cape that big shoulder look, snap the collar back onto the front using it's magnets, and then snap the globe onto the collar once the fans are on and running.

I used some pretty standard rare earth magnets I had laying around. They didn't need to be super strong because the collar I designed already head the dome nicely. I just wanted the magnets to prevent it from bobbling around in case I got jostled. (It can happen at Comic Con!)

Hello, i was wondering if anyone has any Mysterio template for thembrazelets and the armor, as i want to make my own Mysterio cosplay, and tnis would actually be my first fully homemade from 0 cosplay ever, and i want it to looks as good as i can possibly can if anyone could help me that would be great, also, could his armor be built out of cardboard? Or does it has to be built out of Eva foam, and if so, where could i get eva foma? And what sizes do i need to get?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back