Mysterio from Far From Home

Radioman

Hello all,

I'm working on Mysterio from Spider-Man: Far From Home. The reference is limited at the moment but I'm building "in the ballpark" (I hope). Most of the hard parts I'm designing and 3D printing. I'm planning to do the torso in EVA. Here's my humble start.

A couple of things.

1) Does anyone have any thoughts on where I can find the material used in the green tunic? It's a slightly reflective, rectangular patterned material. Possibly rubber of some sort?

2) Does anyone have decent reference of the back of his cloak? The Funko Pop figure gives probably the best reference I've seen so far on the placement of the triangular pieces but there is a black pattern that looks to be silk screened on. There's a couple of pics but nothing comprehensive.

Any help is appreciated.

Can't wait to see your progress. Mysterio was always one of my favorites too. I'm so glad he's finally getting onto the big screen.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I'm working on Mysterio from Spider-Man: Far From Home. The reference is limited at the moment but I'm building "in the ballpark" (I hope). Most of the hard parts I'm designing and 3D printing. I'm planning to do the torso in EVA. Here's my humble start.

View attachment 1022717

A couple of things.

1) Does anyone have any thoughts on where I can find the material used in the green tunic? It's a slightly reflective, rectangular patterned material. Possibly rubber of some sort?

View attachment 1022718
2) Does anyone have decent reference of the back of his cloak? The Funko Pop figure gives probably the best reference I've seen so far on the placement of the triangular pieces but there is a black pattern that looks to be silk screened on. There's a couple of pics but nothing comprehensive.

View attachment 1022719

View attachment 1022721
Any help is appreciated.

For the tunic, I know Replica_Industries has the screen printed pattern you need (they're working on the same project). I know they sell the material that you can stitch yourself, or they can make it for if too.

Oh my word your progress looks amazing so far. Is that chest piece all 3d printed?

If so do you have stl files you could share?

Last edited:
I've found this image of the back of the cape on the Marvel Legends figure, although I don't know if it's screen accurate.
Edit: not even remotely accurate, sorry.
arvel-legends-spider-man-far-from-home-mysterio-20.jpg

Last edited:
This might help. Just starting mine now. I have a 12" globe, but I also ordered a 14" because 12"seems a bit small.. I'm concerned about heat buildup and airflow in the smaller. I'll decide which to keep when the 14" arrives.

Marvel also commissioned a cosplay costume as well.

This also has some good reference shots:

Attachments

• 65212394_1269859609849070_208039376775544832_n.jpg
    65212394_1269859609849070_208039376775544832_n.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 3,860
My helmet base wip.. it needs changing after seeing today's new reference images.

Attachments

• helmet wip.jpg
    helmet wip.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 671
What's the plan to decorate your dome to have it obscure your head while still being see through?

As cool as the vapor in the helmet is, I can't imagine that would be comfortable in the long run for breathing.

Maybe a light spray of mirror paint on the inside or some one way tint?

There's a yt video of a helmet with some polyfoam inside for the smoke effect. I saw Jake's Instagram dome, and it looks like it also had a swirl pattern inside, so I might try airbrushing a swirl pattern on the polyfoam.

There are twinkling led strings now, and I'll circle the inside bottom with them hoping to add some subtle motion to the polyfoam inside the helmet.

Looking really awesome so far! I wanted to ask about your plan with the armor - since the piece is printed, are you planning to cut the segments apart so that you can assemble them on a flexible base for movement? From all the reference I've seen, it appears that each section of the front armor 'floats' on top of the section below it.

Some updates. Just started doing the wiring today. I still need to diffuse the bulbs and do the larger "v's". I haven't even started finishing the armor front yet.
What are you using for lights? I too am starting this build & any help would be appreciated:)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back