My Xdmray Half Mask And Termokk Mask

sonic7o7

Hey everyone, I've had both of these mask laying around my room for far to long, since it's almost Halloween i thought perhaps I'd be able to finish my half mask and then continue to paint ,my Termokk mask. I have searched all over the forum and found many ways of painting the mask, the only problem i have now is when I'm done painting my mask i wont have anything to seal it with. when i ordered the prosaid and other stuff from monster makers i forgot to buy the permawet. :( so i was wondering if there was another sealant i might be able to use on the mask. while searching through the forum i read that crystal clear would work, is this true? or am i crazy? here are the pictures of my mask, i will start painting tomorrow after work and i will post my progress,

Termokk p1 mask love the detail, too small for my big head, but still fits.lol (y)
IMG_0369.jpg

1st Gen Xdmray Halfmask really great mask nice and thick casting as well, fits my head perfectly, great job Daman (y)
IMG_0366.jpg

Both of the mask together
IMG_0363.jpg

I put Termokk's p1 bio on the half mask, a bit small, but still looks bad ass.
IMG_0313-1.jpg

Really excited to paint it, I'm going to attempt to give it a P1 paint up, so I'll see how that turns out tomorrow, bought the paints i need and velcro today, gotta look for the compressor tomorrow.

So totay i added the prosaid to my mask, i used a paint brush, but so far i dont like how its coming out, some places dried clear, but others still have white. I did this about 20 minutes ago, is this normal? Once its dry im going to mix my skin color with prosaid and airbrush that layer and hope it comes out alright.

i didn't put any pictures because it still looks the same, just glossy is all, i'll put up some pictures when i add the first paint layers.

okay guys, finally began airbrushing today, I'm still a newbie with airbrushing, so I'm still learning. it took me three tries to get the paint consistency to flow right through the airbrush, it seems to be working fine now:) i only painted the first layer for the skin tone for the mask, the lighting sucks and i took it with my iphone, it looks pale white on the picture, but not in person. once the paint dries I'm gonna brush another coat of pros aid. I'm following PredatrHuntr's way and layering pros aid, then acrylic paint, the pros aid and so on. Thanks for the help and for taking the time to make a tutorial :D
IMG_8038.jpg

Got a few more pictures of my half mask paint job. I'm still a newb at paint brushing so go easy on me. my airbrush isnt good with detail, so i'm going to buy another airbrush for the spots. these are the layers of paint that i used, i want to thank Usurper for the tips with painting, i was screwing up waaay to much before i got help from him. (y)

IMG_8057.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8063.jpg

IMG_8065.jpg

IMG_8067.jpg

to tell you the truth, im a bit scared to paint my mask myself, but yours look like its gonna be a great paint up, so far i really like the tones you gave to it, looking ofrward to oyur next update :)

-made007, i was scared to paint my mask at first as well, screwed up a bit too, but i think it came out great, you'll never know until you try it bro. I wish you luck on your paint up, and i can't wait to see you do it. got some pictures of the updated mask. i added the dreads and dread rings. and i couldn't wait to try my bios on:) let me now what you guys think.

-bd863, thanks bro, i like the bios too:) they are both made by great people. very good casts. i recommend them both:)

IMG_8077.jpg

IMG_8083.jpg

IMG_8081.jpg

IMG_8078-1.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back