my very first attempt at making armor!!!!

Hanoverian

I want to thank everyone who has helped me! I finally got to the store and bought some foamies, turns out I love working with them. I read to boil them to shape them, but in my rush like state to dry the paint I found out two things, one that helped me shape it, and two the metallic paint dried and left small air bubbles that latter deflated, turns out it added a great texture! let me know what you think!

I was inspired by the armor from the arbiter in Halo, as time goes on I will add more detail, like I said, this is my very first attemp! also, I'm looking for a small bio..that will fit me..or an easy way to make one!

Last edited by a moderator:
is there such a thing as a foamie bio? I guess I could search for that....next on the agenda? oh boy...I guess the other thigh piece (I'm going to cheat with the part of the shoulder gear and use lacross shoulder pads..they look really awesome!) I guess I want to try the gaunlets! I also just bought a nice dreadlock wig on ebay, as I am going for the human female predator gear look..

also, anyone have any good suggestions with foamies?

well you could try to make a foamie helmet , foamies are only limited by imaginnation ,
a human/ pred look wont be that hard to make , just let ur imagination run wild lol

if u want ask julie or screen name eiluj about this , shes really smart and had a suit like what ur trying to make that
she dosnet use anymore , just an idea :lol:

okay, I've been searching for hours on here, looking for a good bio template, can someone point me in the right direction? I want to make most of my costume, PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey, I have a "technique" that I am using for my foamie armor that you might like. Instead of boiling the foamies, put them in the oven (on the lowest setting possible) for about 15-20 mins, then hold it in the shape you want it until it cools off, and it will stay. I even took a bunch of screws and screwed them into a small block of wood and then pressed them against the hot foamie to make a bumpy/dented look...the picture sucks, but you can see what I mean

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, foamies bio, you could try a program called pepakura, used by the 405th.com (halo costuming forum) basically you put in a 3d model and it prints paper templates with flaps and numbers for you, you could lay these on the foam and cut them out before gluing, there was a pepakura bio on the lair someone recently i spotted, give it a go, it's bloody good fun. i have done nearly a full masterchief costume so if you get stuck let me know. i warn you tho, it won;t be a smooth as a proper resin bio, but it's hell of a lot cheaper

@ Hanoverian

Way to go on the armor, foamies are something I haven't tried, as I am partial to leather ;)

@ TheBigBadWolf, jaded, esdain

If a bio can be made out of leather, it can be made out of foamies

That heating up technique sure beats shaping wet leather on ones own head

---
Ei'luj
(yes, I still have the suit :lol: )

I worked on it a bit more last night, and made the other one...lesson learned the hard way, I didn't make a template for the first one, so they are slightly un-even but, hey! its my first try... let me know what you think next!
l_ab7a71a3b2c24052aabbfef955ac0048.jpg.png

l_3f250289180c446ea29243cb18dba09f.jpg.png

l_0065207ac2064b2fab2b64b4ace327d7.jpg.png

this is the source and inspiration for the design (it still not finished) but as time goes on I will add more detail to the thigh gaurds

arbiter-2.jpg

arbiter-1.jpg

if you look close at us arm you can start to see where I copied the pattern starts out with that "A" anyway, I love the detail on the arbiters armor I always have...

I'm going to start my gauntlets today!

yeah, templates are a must, but what i started to do was make left and right at the same time and use one as a template for the other, then glued them together at the same time. looking good, any ideas what you doing about skin and mask yet?

yeah, templates are a must, but what i started to do was make left and right at the same time and use one as a template for the other, then glued them together at the same time. looking good, any ideas what you doing about skin and mask yet?

My skin is my own, I'm going for the Machiko look, and I wanted to make a bio out of foamies, but when I saw that perpureka I decided I'd rather buy a small one somewhere...

hehe, the resin ones are awesome, not sure if they ship to the states but give mysteria ago, as mentioned before, their bios (apart from the AVP scar) are smaller, more for display purposes but fine if you are lookign for a smaller bio. they are decently priced and the service is good. i have one of theirs and the alien trophy head. they are members here to.

http://www.mysteria.co.uk/

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back