My Terminator T-800 update

iowadude41

Hey everyone,
Just posting an update on my T-800. I'm working on the chest cavity, and it's coming along great, but slow due to the freaking cold weather here in Iowa. I only get a couple hours here, and there when I can stand working working in the outside garage. I created the front and back plates, and glued them together. Not perfect, but looks pretty good. I put a lower pvc beam on the bottom to plates to give it support once mounted, but looked crappy, so took it out, and now using a plastic strap that goes around the support pole going up the inside. This will leave plenty of room to add all the pistons, hoses, and other things. I'll attach a few pics to show you my progress, but I also have a general question. Toward the lower section of the chest plate, there's a mechanism. I'll attach a pic for that as well. I need to know if it moves in and out or if it is stationary? Also, is it one piece or two? I have paper cut outs for templates, and it's in 2 pieces, top and bottom. Any help would be appreciated as I'm trying hard to make everything movie perfect.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210108_175548.jpg
    IMG_20210108_175548.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20210108_175619.jpg
    IMG_20210108_175619.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20210108_175640.jpg
    IMG_20210108_175640.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20210108_175702.jpg
    IMG_20210108_175702.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 60
  • chest mechanism.JPG
    chest mechanism.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 65
The battery cover (I think that's what people call it), is two parts - the rectangular top part with the two upside down L shapes, and then the bottom plate. They are not lined up like in the illustration above or the way most licensed companies and private people use to assemble it, but the bottom plate tucks in under the rectangular piece. Also, the rectangular piece isn't totally straight from side to side - it actually curves a little. As seen in the example it seems pretty clear it was supposed to stay in place and not move around. The pictures are from a recent Propstore auction.

T2 - Endoskeleton - Chest - 03 - 03.jpgT2 - Endoskeleton - Chest - 03 - 06.pngT2 - Endoskeleton - Chest - 03 - 11.jpg

The battery cover (I think that's what people call it), is two parts - the rectangular top part with the two upside down L shapes, and then the bottom plate. They are not lined up like in the illustration above or the way most licensed companies and private people use to assemble it, but the bottom plate tucks in under the rectangular piece. Also, the rectangular piece isn't totally straight from side to side - it actually curves a little. As seen in the example it seems pretty clear it was supposed to stay in place and not move around. The pictures are from a recent Propstore auction.

View attachment 1411932View attachment 1411933View attachment 1411934
Thank you for that valuable information. It helps me a great deal. I'll just figure out how to connect both of them so the bottom section can slide back towards the spine.

I also have this one of the bottom piece without the rectangular piece.

I can't remember the link to the original site I found this picture from, so if anyone knows, please post it here, as I thought it was a great resource for screen used props.

T2 - Endoskeleton - Neck & Abdomen Pieces - 04.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back