My ten foot tall Titan from Titanfall

BumblebeeRecycd

Hay RPF, I have not posted a build in a while, but I cannot resist this. I am in the planning stages of making a Titian. Probably the Atlas, I have made many other big builds, but a Titan offers it's own challenges. I am hopping to keep the weight down to 55 pounds or less. Going with a aluminum skeleton and EVA foam for the lower legs and thighs, with mix of materials for the torso and arms. Standing on sheetrock stilts. I will include remote hands and a PA system and my scale should be about 1:2. Right now I have been collecting images to work from. If anybody has some nice ones, copy's would be appreciated. My budget for building this baby should be about $1,500, but there is a WHOLE lot of surface area to cover. I hope you will feel free to offer constructive criticism and help me get this build RIGHT. I am also planning on the front of the torso open up in the same fashion as the bot does in the game. Other elements I must keep in mind, I must be able to break it down enough to ship it across the country by airplane. I must be able to both get in it solo and get out by myself. Finally, I also hope to build a super lightweight gun. Looking for recommendations on witch one to pick, hopefully with photos. I will be forced to add a shoulder strap to use the gun, since the leverage would prove insanely hard if I did not include one. (I am guessing end of barrel will be 7' from my shoulder). Sadly, due to weight constraints, I suspect I will not be able to make a chain gun that rotates...so that gun is less attractive, because who see's a chain gun and does not look to see if it rotates ? I hope you all will follow along and offer advice on how to improve on this Bot.

I would love to see the references you find... I have been scouring the net for references of the TITAN: Atlas. I dropped every other project I have to build a 1:6 scale Atlas for my son. I can't wait to see your progress! :)

Maybe this will help. This monster machine is in the Stuttgart train station. Good luck! uploadfromtaptalk1396167479193.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396167498900.jpg

Damn, missed the display in Cologne. I have to visit their website to get a closer look at all of the titans, I do love the intricacy in the designs. Love to see your project see the light of the day!

If one of those lucky people who scored the 18" limited edition statues would take some HD close-ups that would be awesome! ;)

Hi
I have one of them titans if you like I can take some photos this weekend if you like?
That is if you are still doing this.
Andy
I know this isn't my thread but I could use some for my 1:6 scale Atlas build. Particularly of the pilot chamber's underside and support structure. And details of the joints and hands would be awesome, too. Anything that you feel like shooting, really. LOL! :D

Killer, those are some awesome pic. They really do help show some areas I had trouble finding. Thank you all for the helpful input. I think I am finally ready to take out a knife and start cutting. This build will be a mix of EVA foam, poster board, Plexiglas, cardboard, styrene and aluminum. I think I have solved the problems of vision, superhumanly wide shoulders, leverage and appearance. There should be updates in 3 days showing some progress.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back