My Take On P1 Mask , Finished Sculpt 5/6

made007

Sr Member
This is my experiment, i wil try to turn this 8$ styrofoam head in to a strong fiberglass armature, then ill start my head sculpt, wish me luck :)
Here it is attached to a 5" 3/4 piece of wood later to be attached to a turntable, i gave it a coat of modge podge and its drying
0241024e.jpg

4725eb8b.jpg

Ill be updating as i go

Sweet bro! My only worry would be the heat from the glass melting the styrofoam. Laying a foil layer over it could help. Just a thought... Do a test on a small piece of scrap foam just to be safe. Can't wait for these updates!

I think foil would work to keep it from melting. I used foil over the electrical tape on my armature for my bio and I don't believe the tape was effected by the heat.

I like armature's. I will make another for my next bio project too. This time I will go with the design Jason is using...or is it Lee? One of the two, lolz.

May I ask though...can the clay be reused after a mold? Especially if a release agent is used?

And loose al the fun of making my own???

Yes i use release agent and i reused the clay , the fiberglass wont melt it bevause i sealed with modge pot i gave it 2 coats and tomorrow il add another

True true, finding out if something works is half the fun lol good luck will be watching

Good find on the head, my wife just got me a small head. I wish that she would have found one of those. What's the circumference of the head?

On my past heads I learned the hard way on one of them. I use a Polycrilic spray that doesn't seem to do anything to the foam. It's just a clear coat. I didn't resin it after that though.

I dont remember, but i have to get some measures, im gonna aply the last coat of modge podge then when dry, a thin layer of resin

Don't do a thing yet with the fiberglass! U can mix up a super thin batch of drippy silicone and coat the styro and it will absorb into it. Then you can still fiberglass over it. I've done it and it works. Make sure u seal up every little pore. Also helps to stick a big long pipe on the bottom end or hot glue the head to a base so u don't touch it during the silicone.

Checking basic shape for bio fitting
d4f8596e.jpg

892dbc80.jpg

Drinking beer and sculpting= not good :), but my weyland koozie its tempting LOL
d20f0aed.jpg

0902e6b9.jpg

This will be my attemp at a p1, i dont know if i will be able to pull it off , but i will not know for sure unless i try, so this will be my p1 closed mouth, hope you enjoy it aps muh as i will , thanks

Im going to focus more time on my suit and trying hard to get that terminator bio done, also i want to sculpt another stuff first,not predator related, so im sorry but this project is cancelled

missed this by months,.....can't wait until you get back on it man ,....everything you've been working on is pretty top-notch ,.....
don't lose the drive man ,.....awesome work so far on everythng you've taken on ,........DOO EEET !!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back