My Sterling to E-11 Blaster Project

I added the counter to the rail, and Gino's T-Tracks today.

web.jpg

Oh WOW !
That is so f...... beautiful :love
You don't need to paint it !

You've made an absolute Top Job

I wish i could build up a E-11 like that !

I added the counter to the rail, and Gino's T-Tracks today.

web.jpg

Looking GREAT :)
How did you remove the old paint/ coating from the sterling parts???
I´m reworking a deac. L2A3 myself currently and having a hard time to get rid of the old stuff. tried one of the most expensive paint remover...no major effect :cry

Thanks, Markus

Awesome Job! I had one of the toy blasters when I was a kid. Recently put together a scratch built steling blaster with a folding stock that locks into place just like the original. Love the fact you took a box fill of parts and assembled a real sterling! Is the receiver steel or aluminum? How did you make out keeping the grip frame on?

Elaborate pls, I noob :p

Hope your joking Saberfreak, but if not..... Or any one else that hasn't messed with it

Aircraft paint stripper is Dichloromethane (Methylene chloride).... Just like it sounds it will take off pretty much any paint/finish coating you can think of. Hazardous to work with, if not properly neutralized with water it will cause new finish coats to peal off, mess with glues, epoxies and generate some nasty gass if burn it off by welding.

I was finally able to get all the parts painted today, and then re-assembled. I will do some weathering on it once it dries a bit more, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. Also swapped out the counter, with an eagle logo Hengstler.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:
Rustoleum black textured spray paint. I think I Got it at Home Depot.

Great looking build. The only issue I can see is that you have a whole receiver there. What precautions did you take to ensure that the a barrel can't be installed or used?

The ATF consider the receiver the machine gun, it must not be what they deem "readily convertible". As in with simple tools be made to fire again.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back