My SS model displays

I'll concede its close in scale but some things are larger than they should be others are smaller than they should be. I dont think one kitbashed detail on the kit matches the ILM filming minature.

So my observation is it is not film accurate but it is a good size modle of the subject. Well done might I add. I would also say its not a item for the die hard rivet counter either (accuracy nut). Its for the collector that wants a larger scale representaion of the interceptor that is not conserned that its not ILM studio minature accurate. A nice dispaly non the less. Congrats.

My 2 cents

Steve

Originally posted by swpropmaker@Apr 13 2006, 07:15 PM
I'll concede its close in scale but some things are larger than they should be others are smaller than they should be.  I dont think one kitbashed detail on the kit matches the ILM filming minature. 

So my observation is it is not film accurate but it is a good size modle of the subject.  Well done might I add. I would also say its not a item for the die hard rivet counter either (accuracy nut).  Its for the collector that wants a larger scale representaion of the interceptor that is not conserned that its not ILM studio minature accurate.  A nice dispaly non the less.  Congrats.

My 2 cents

Steve
[snapback]1226005[/snapback]​

Totally agreed.. It is a great kit, it is just not yours. :D

and thats what I like about my Code 3 AT-ST, not quite SS sized, but it fits in with the theme and 100% of the people that visit my basement will never know.

Lynn

"It is a great kit, it is just not yours. :D " Yeah I guess I am a bit bias on TIE fighters as they have been my interest for the past 8 years. Many blood shot eyed nights, staring into piles of kit sprue. I would love to be able to build a model without having to find exact details trust me, I do envy the maker somewhat.

Back to your Studio Scale display very nice. Very nice indeed.

Great job.

Steve

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back