My SS model displays

swpropmaker

Sr Member
I'll concede its close in scale but some things are larger than they should be others are smaller than they should be. I dont think one kitbashed detail on the kit matches the ILM filming minature.

So my observation is it is not film accurate but it is a good size modle of the subject. Well done might I add. I would also say its not a item for the die hard rivet counter either (accuracy nut). Its for the collector that wants a larger scale representaion of the interceptor that is not conserned that its not ILM studio minature accurate. A nice dispaly non the less. Congrats.

My 2 cents

Steve

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
Originally posted by swpropmaker@Apr 13 2006, 07:15 PM
I'll concede its close in scale but some things are larger than they should be others are smaller than they should be.  I dont think one kitbashed detail on the kit matches the ILM filming minature. 

So my observation is it is not film accurate but it is a good size modle of the subject.  Well done might I add. I would also say its not a item for the die hard rivet counter either (accuracy nut).  Its for the collector that wants a larger scale representaion of the interceptor that is not conserned that its not ILM studio minature accurate.  A nice dispaly non the less.  Congrats.

My 2 cents

Steve
[snapback]1226005[/snapback]​
Totally agreed.. It is a great kit, it is just not yours. :D

and thats what I like about my Code 3 AT-ST, not quite SS sized, but it fits in with the theme and 100% of the people that visit my basement will never know.

Lynn

swpropmaker

Sr Member
"It is a great kit, it is just not yours. :D " Yeah I guess I am a bit bias on TIE fighters as they have been my interest for the past 8 years. Many blood shot eyed nights, staring into piles of kit sprue. I would love to be able to build a model without having to find exact details trust me, I do envy the maker somewhat.

Back to your Studio Scale display very nice. Very nice indeed.

Great job.

Steve