My SS model displays

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
Here are some pics of my SS displays.

ANH... SN TIE, CC X-wing Red leader, one spot left to fill. ;)
[image]http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/uploads/post-209-1137975435.jpeg[/image]

ESB... MR AT-AT V1, MR 3/4 Snowspeeder (SMT AT-AT next to it)
[image]http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/uploads/post-209-1137975672.jpeg[/image]

ROTJ.... eBay SS sized TIE Interceptor, Code3 AT-ST
[image]http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/uploads/post-209-1137204039.jpeg[/image]

BSG OS... Jesse's great Viper and Radier kits and Monogram Raider from "Hand of the gods" episode
[image]http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/uploads/post-209-1137976362.jpg[/image]

I wanted to get them into a classy ala Cking style display.

I used 1/2 galvinzed pipe, pipe fittings, and floor flange to display the ships in flight.

I wanted the movie posters and pictures of the ships in their real environments to go along with them.

I think it gives them more meanig to the veiwers then just sticking them on a self and guessing what they are.

Enjoy.
Lynn

Nice array of movie stills to enhance the models. The "blue screen" walls provide an appropriate environment, too.

Cool. :thumbsup

I think that is great. is that the basement or a dedicated room some where? Very cool indeed.
FXhound

Originally posted by Jestefarean@Jan 26 2006, 06:24 PM
awesome.
[snapback]1168841[/snapback]​

Thanks guys.

It is a dedicated room in the basement that is 24'x14' with two 8' lite display bays.

It took me alot of last year to remodel the room.

Lynn

That looks great, and if you did it in the basement it succeeds at the all important "out of wifey's site" factor. Unless of course your wife is into this cool stuff.

The wife isn't in to it, but she is understanding of my hobby. :D

After all, she let me have a fullsized Boba Fett displayed in the livingroom for almost 3 years as well as a few other life sized displays at other times also. She also let me have a T-rex head in the diningroom in the last apartment.

Lynn

Originally posted by ckwanwoo@Mar 4 2006, 06:11 AM
awsome....

Where did you get the Tie intercepter model?
[snapback]1198552[/snapback]​

Thanks..

It is one of those SS sized TIE intercepters that come up on eBay time to time.

Lynn

The 'Ebay" TIE Interceptor is smaller than studio scale. Ive had some folks take some photos and if you compare its size to the studio TIE that I make you will see its very small and not studio accurate at all. The Interceptor has the same body as the TIE some small detail changes but overall the same hull is used on both. It's a nice large model but not studio scale accurate int hat its to small and uses no accurate kit parts.

You pull it off very well in the collection. Looks like the real deal. Congrats.

Once you fill that empty spot ;) it looks like your collection will rival the LF archives, with that I will be offering an accurate filming minature of the TIE Interceptor soon.

I wish my wife would let me deck out my room like yours. Very Nice Indeed.

Steve

Originally posted by swpropmaker@Apr 12 2006, 10:45 PM
The 'Ebay" TIE Interceptor is smaller than studio scale.  Ive had some folks take some photos and if you compare its size to the studio TIE that I make you will see its very small and not studio accurate at all.  The Interceptor has the same body as the TIE some small detail changes but overall the same hull is used on both.  It's a nice large model but not studio scale accurate int hat its to small and uses no accurate kit parts.

You pull it off very well in the collection. Looks like the real deal.  Congrats.

Once you fill that empty spot  ;)  it looks like your collection will rival the LF archives, with that I will be offering an accurate filming minature of the TIE Interceptor soon.

I wish my wife would let me deck out my room like yours.  Very Nice Indeed.

Steve
[snapback]1225465[/snapback]​

Thanks for the comps Steve..

Once I get the new bird the empty spot will be complete.... ;)

I was comparing both your/my SS TIE kit to the eBay TIE before I built the eBay TIE and they are very close in actuall size, really close actually, but the cockpit ball section is about 10% smaller, but the overall size is the same.

Lynn

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back