My Son's Captain America costume "wip."

ONE END

So My son likes DC & Marvel a lot so I had this Pie/ cookie tray and looking @ it I decided to make him a Captain America shield... Witch in turn inspired an entire suit so here's the start.

Cookie tray
Foamie's
Red, Blue & White paint
Drill + bit
Rivet's + gun
Old belt

NasifsCaptAmericaShield001.jpg

NasifsCaptAmericaShield003.jpg

What do you think?

Very cool. I wish my Dad knew how to make props. :) Of course I better get some practice because my kids are getting bigger.

That's one sturdy looking cookie tray. I love Captain America and have been looking to make my own shield for ages. A mini-Cap would be a brilliant effect. What did you use foamies for?

That's one sturdy looking cookie tray. I love Captain America and have been looking to make my own shield for ages. A mini-Cap would be a brilliant effect. What did you use foamies for?

I covered the outside of the tray and cut out the star using foamies to cover the rivet's and give it the pop out affect with the star. it also helped while tracing out the circles and painting. also My 3 1/2 year old son likes to bang the shield against things so it has turned out to be a good padding defense against furniture.
:lol

Oh, that would explain why I couldn't see the rivets on the other side. Nice effect! Another build I saw for a child used one of those large skimmer frisbees as a shield since inevitably, the kid will want to throw it.

Oh, that would explain why I couldn't see the rivets on the other side. Nice effect! Another build I saw for a child used one of those large skimmer frisbees as a shield since inevitably, the kid will want to throw it.

That's smart!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back