my Shadow costume.

Great looks, all of them.
I can't decide if I like the costume with the cape or without, they both look great.
Now we need some outdoor city photos. Maybe you can find a building that looks like old New York.

thank you

yes! but in France the pics in costume outside are not easy to make one finished quickly in the Police Department
for the cape I confess that she ends the costume definitely.

here my réplica ring of The Shadow comics version in golden color.
and finished soon some papers props of The Shadow.

Last edited:
Nice ring.
You've got me curious about the paper props.

It reminds of an idea I had after looking at cover of a Whisperer pulp that showed a newspaper article; considering the Whisperer, the Shadow, Doc Savage and the Phantom Detective were all having their big battles in New York at the same time, can you imagine what the front page of the newspaper would look like in their world.:lol That's a lot of major stories.

Wolf

yes absolutely great battles:lol in New York

for the papers props there will not be big things since unfortunately the figure and poor in props papers, simply letters messages and tabs of bottle of Whiskey.

Caplan.

I love this! I had done the Shadow about three years before a movie was even considered and your first incarnation was exactly what I had done. Of course, at that time, many people confused me with being Darkman then. But if I had the tall, slim body and facial features of the classic pulps that you posess, I may not have been so confused with that character. Outstanding!

The cape looks great! You look like you just leaped out from the comic pages. :thumbsup

Has anyone done a good replica of the movie-style ring? I've wanted one since the film came out. Seen one on ebay, but it's not quite right.

Caplan, what's the width on the brim of your Shadow hat? also, what kind of hat did you use before reshaping it to it's current form?

Hi MrRetsej

Sorry for my late answer.

the total size border is 41cm, I have modified the Wyatt Earp model
Tombstone movie version ( with Kurt Russel ).

the Tombstone version is a very nice choice for me, and very good quality.

Bests

Caplan

I love what you have done with this costume! I plan on making a Shadow costume for next Halloween. I think the most difficult things to acquire will be the ring and the coat. I want a coat similar to the Alec Baldwin Shadow coat.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back