My second attempt at Cosplay... DEADPOOL!

ZennDarkfire

Last year for Halloween, I attempted my first ever cosplay, as the 9th Doctor. This year I decided to attempt a slightly tougher project, everyone's favorite Merc with a Mouth... Deadpool! I wanted to do my own interpretation of the character without breaking the bank. My goal was to do a complete costume for under 200 bucks.

First let me show you how it turned out!

View attachment K3MPkvd.jpgView attachment PQmeseb.jpgView attachment 47QPnii.jpg

I'm planning on taking some better photos soon with a photographer friend (side note, any tips for shooting photos of costumes with realistic weapons in a public place?)

Here's what I used to make this

Black Fingerless Gloves
A Deadpool Morphsuit
Deadpool Belt Buckle (I attached this to the belt with Zip Ties)
Deadpool Mask (I didn't like the one attached to the costume, so I got this one. I also made this DIY Face Shell to wear under the mask)
Tactical Knee and Arm Pads
Wooden Practice Swords (I ended up wrapping the hilt in electrical tape so it had a grip and I covered the blades themselves with this foil tape)
A left handed and a right handed leg holster
Wade Wilson/Deadpool Dog Tags
A Tactical Belt
A back sword sheath (I also got this one as a backup. Its easier to walk around with since the swords aren't as wide, but its a bitch to get on)
A cell phone pouch that clips to the back
I also had a shoulder holster, boots, and three airsoft pistols I've collected over the years, so sadly I don't have links for them. I also have an airsoft shotgun and a prop grenade I might add.

For spending roughly 200 bucks, I'm super happy with how it turned out! I did realize though after trying it on, I will definitely need help getting it on in the future as the Lycra of the suit snags on the velcro of the pads and gloves when I put them on myself.

I'll post more pictures when I get them!

I've gotten a few questions about the shell I made, so here are some pictures!

zzM26xd.jpgv3XWbOK.jpgxiA4Irt.jpgrt7jYmC.jpg9kkFR0n.jpg

Thanks so much! I have to say I'm pretty proud of it! I know that I'd like to improve the mask a little bit (since it bunches up in the forehead area). And I want to add a boot knife and better boots. But for my first real go at costuming, I'm pretty damn proud!

Btw your suit is amazing!

Great job the costume. I have my first run at this endeavor as well and am improving on it as we speak. My biggest concern is the mask. It is my feeling that if the mask does not "pop" then the rest of the costume is for naught. So I continue my search for a reasonably priced mask (or just bide my time and save for the one I really like) and pay more attention to the details in my weapons and accessories. When I put on the DP costume I truly become the character so I just want a good decently priced costume that will have my personal signature on it. You really put the pieces together well, and I like the attention to detail in the accessories you have. Maybe I will see you at one of the conventions I intend to frequent beginning next year.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back