My screen used killer klown. I finally saw it.

clonesix

Master Member
I finally saw Killer Klowns from Outer Space on cable. Yep, I have never seen it before. The only reason that I DVR'd it was to see this:

4924775651_e9d1491d51.jpg

Back in the mid 80s, when I needed a little extra money, I was asked to if I could make a couple of fiberglass spheres for a large clown sculpture. I said this was no problem and I could do it. He said to get started on it, because they needed this clown to go on top of an ice cream truck for shooting. I said I could do it for $500. Not bad money in 1985. Naively, I agreed front the cost and build the thing with the agreement I would be paid. Yes, it WAS stupid.

Long story short: The coke-head never paid me, and was shot to death not long after, in a "suicide by cop" thing. I always wondered what ever became of those pieces.

Well there they are: I made the Head, nose, and cone hat. The collar was made by the guy's father, and all the rest was done by someone else.

great back story,

I know a crew member from that movie that made some of the movie props...He had some pretty cool items, but I believe he sold them all recently

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back