My Screamin/Kaiyodo Boba Fett

TK0518

I started this before i hoped onto the RPF and been working on it on and off. I bought it for 500 SEk which i think is a pretty reasonable deal for a real kit and not just a chinese re-cast.

Like i said. I've been working on it ever now and then and like my MSH Boba fett helmet i painted i'm choosing sanity over acuracy here. But i do strive, however, to have it as accurate as possible, which considering the scale of the model and the complexity of the paint jobb is a pretty far fetched idea...

Anyway.. i just wanted to post some progress pics to get the "experts opinion" so to speak. I'm using Citadel colours and im trying to eyeball the colours to match my ref pics. On some of the stuff like the cape and the blaster i'm just really trying to capture the overall "feeling" of it and i wasn't too bothered about the details.

So what am i asking for? Well generally any pointers or tips to keep me on track so to speak. any constructive critisism is always welcome. (wow.. though word to spell..) How are the colours? Where do i need more weathering? (hopefully i won't need any less....)

Any purely negative comments will be ignored.

All of the fullsize images (and more than those posted here) can be seen at my Picasa gallery at: Screamin Model Gallery.

The cape:
ScreaminBoba001.jpg

The blaster:
ScreaminBoba002.jpg

ScreaminBoba009.jpg

The arms:
ScreaminBoba004.jpg

ScreaminBoba005.jpg

ScreaminBoba006.jpg

Lower body:
ScreaminBoba010.jpg
ScreaminBoba011.jpg

Man, that is looking Great. You have really nailed the colors. The detail and weathering on the arms and attachments look fantatsic. I agree that the lower body needs some shading and weather mainly regarding the jumpsuit details, but by the looks of it, they are still a work in progress, so it may be a bit premature. Also, can't really see the details of the gun in those pics, but if you weathered them anything like his arm attachments, then it must look stunning.

Can't wait to see what you do with the helmet.

I think you are doing a great job on the colors. For the folds in the fabric, I've used a technique using photo oils and a cotton ball. It does a great job at getting some shading in there.

Well i worked on the model during last weekend and i worked a bit more on the weathering on the legs. as well as some other stuff.

Chest:
PICT0092.jpg

The black color is sot from when i heated the plastic to create the two dents that are missing in the model. Still need touch up the green around it, some black washes as well as the scalps.

Saddlebags:
PICT0080.jpg

I really like the way these turned out. The shading really worked out well. The colour might be a bit on the dark side for the saddlebags but i really like them.

Ammobelt:
PICT0083.jpg

I know how picky about the details some can be so i really tried to get the stichings in on the ammo-pouches. So i painted them brown and then scraped the paint off with a scalpel. I messed up on a few of them so i'll have to fill the mistakes in with new paint.

Legs:
PICT0074.jpg

Well... i took your suggestions to heart and worked on the weathering on the legs. And i think it worked out really well.. i still have to even out some of the colours but on the whole i really like it. A few more touches here and there and they should be done..

The entire peice:
PICT0089.jpg

PICT0073.jpg

PICT0088.jpg

Well.. alot has happned this last weekend.. Things went so fast that i forgot to take progress pictures of everything.

finished up the jetpack:
BobaFett002.jpg

BobaFett003.jpg

And what did i learn? well decals are hard to weather.. but as always i'm using citadel colours and pretty much eyeballing all the colour.. (i'm so not looking forward to doing the helmet.. )

And like i said i went ahead of myself and started to assemble some parts without taking progress pics. So this is what you may not be able to see.

1. chest weathered
2. Scalps painted
3. Chest display cut out. Now... why did i do this? i'm going to pimp this fett with some LED's. One in the right gauntlet (for the blinking led there) and 1 or 2 in the chest for the chest display.

so here he is in all his partly assembled glory.. (and don't worry.. the helmet is only attached for show.. )

BobaFett006.jpg

BobaFett007.jpg

BobaFett010.jpg

And thanks for the encouragement... next weekend i hope to do the knees and the shin tools..

Oh.. and as always... fullsize photos can be seen at
http://picasaweb.google.com/Andreas.K.R.Andersson/Screamin

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back