MY ROTS VADER HELMET

JDFett

here is a picture...

normal_DSCN0224.JPG

i had to leave the shutter open to get good details...due to the ROTS being all black it dosnt photograph well...also no tripod for this so my hand wasnt super steady hence the slight focus problem

here is the neck brace that came with it...

normal_DSCN0217%7E0.JPG

and a couple other shots....

flash on with these

normal_DSCN0234.JPG

normal_DSCN0235.JPG

there is a few more in my photo album here...

http://www.501neg.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=471&page=1

SO....

a master replica with no detail..$900

a potumac ROTS reveal with neck brace...$850

not having to wait 6 months only to receive a totally botched master replica helmet, complete with surface scratches and lousy paint jobs....

Priceless.

This guy does the best ROTJ reveal neckbrace I've seen available to date and his expansion screw replicas are fantastic as well.

Oh, nice helmet there too..

Nice but why did the dome underside not have a smooth finish? Spend all that time on details but missed that one.

Originally posted by Megatron@Jan 31 2006, 07:53 PM
Nice but why did the dome underside not have a smooth finish? Spend all that time on details but missed that one.
[snapback]1172984[/snapback]​

i asked myself the same thing, but you really cant see it when it's on...i think finishing the underside would have been a plus, but i really isnt needed..IMO

Originally posted by SithLord7768@Jan 31 2006, 11:03 PM

SO....

a master replica with no detail..$900

a potumac ROTS reveal with neck brace...$850

not having to wait 6 months only to receive a totally botched master replica helmet, complete with surface scratches and lousy paint jobs....

Priceless.

Hmmmmm.......

vs.

"Ooh. Yeaaahhh, I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there..."

:lol :lol :lol

Russ

Whatever.

Just don't try calling it an ROTS helmet...

It ain't even close.

It's an ROTJ with a super-thin dome and a little extra neck. :rolleyes

And it can be yours for just $50 less than the mac-daddy true ROTS.

Wouldn't catch me paying that kinda scratch for someone to spiff up a Don Post. :lol

Russ

Originally posted by Darth Bill@Feb 1 2006, 05:56 PM
It's an ROTJ with a super-thin dome and a little extra neck.  :rolleyes
[snapback]1173241[/snapback]​

Don't forget the mouth droop. Great if you're trying to capture a OT look, shizen-mchausen if you're going for a ROTS.

J

Yeah, it does look nice....but it's basically an all black OT lid. How's the paint on it? I had one of Manuel's helmets way back and the paint was quite thin.....chipped easily.....

the paint so far is very good...nice and shiny an no MR defects...

as for it not being ROTS...it most definatley is..I just inspected it and everything is exactly sysmetrical,,,not for nothing but i too had an MR on order until i found this. I also wanted to wear it and from what ive heard its a bit tight unless you have a long and narrow face like hayden...

all i can say is it i much nicer than the supreme vader EP3 helmet and it has all the look of an EP3 helmet..i guess the picture isnt showing that, but then i had to up the shutter and let some light in cause it is so dark...i wanted you to see some of the details..this caused a scarafice in perfect focus as my hand is not super steady and i didnt have a tripod.

the way i looked at it was i got the full EP3 look with the reveal and the neck brace for less than the MR...the MR's neck brace is super screen acurate from what I could tell, huh? not to mention the fact that it has no reveal detail...for 900 bucks they couldve done something about the little details and maybe watched for the scratched dome and the chips...IMO I got a much better deal and bargin

edit-removed the words orange peel and placed in defects...the orange peel reference came form a post i read about the MR trooper helmets having an orange peel looking finish...did not pertain to the vader

Originally posted by SithLord7768@Feb 1 2006, 02:26 PM
the paint so far is very good...nice and shiny and no MR orange peel...

as for it not being ROTS...it most definatley is..I just inspected it and everything is exactly sysmetrical,,,not for nothing but i too had an MR on order until i found this.  I also wanted to wear it and from what ive heard its a bit tight unless you have a long and narrow face like hayden...

all i can say is it i much nicer than the supreme vader EP3 helmet and it has all the look of an EP3 helmet..i guess the picture isnt showing that, but then i had to up the shutter and let some light in cause it is so dark...i wanted you to see some of the details..this caused a scarafice in perfect focus as my hand is not super steady and i didnt have a tripod.

the way i looked at it was i got the full EP3 look with the reveal and the neck brace for less than the MR...the MR's neck brace is super screen acurate from what I could tell, huh? not to mention the fact that it has no reveal detail...for 900 bucks they couldve done something about the little details and maybe watched for the scratched dome and the chips...IMO I got a much better deal and bargin
[snapback]1173567[/snapback]​
I have not seen any "MR orange peel"on any Vaders....
For what you paid the underside should of been smooth.
It will be interesting to see it next to the MR ROTJ reveal coming up.
As for paint scratched on a dome again mine was only scuffed and finger prints are more noticble then the scuffs before I polished it.
Its nice but I think the price is to high (did the stand come with it? If so why is it not black?)

but if you are happy thats what counts...

Originally posted by SithLord7768@Feb 1 2006, 07:26 PM
the paint so far is very good...nice and shiny and no MR orange peel...

as for it not being ROTS...it most definatley is..I just inspected it and everything is exactly sysmetrical,,,not for nothing but i too had an MR on order until i found this.  I also wanted to wear it and from what ive heard its a bit tight unless you have a long and narrow face like hayden...

[snapback]1173567[/snapback]​

Stop it, yer killin' me. :lol

"Full EP3 look"...?? :confused

You want to try and convince us that this...

...is just as close to this...

...as this???

You gotta be kidding me. :lol :lol

I thought the people of this board took pride in their "quest for accuracy". :unsure

As for:

...the MR's neck brace is super screen acurate from what I could tell, huh?

You wanna try and scare me up a screencap that actually shows any detail on the neck brace...??
Better yet, try and find me an EP3 screencap that even shows the neck brace.

Go on... I triple-dog dare ya. :lol

You cancelled your order for an MR Vader to pay $50 less for a helmet that falls into the "close but no cigar" category...

Boggles the mind.

Look back through the thread....

You think I'm the only one here saying "Well, sure, it's a Vader helmet but it's a lot more OT than ROTS"...??

Like I said last night, "ain't even close". :unsure

Russ

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back