My Revell Razor Crest build, it got here sooo fast....

teslabe

Sr Member
I got this kit faster then I had planed, seemed no one in the states had it yet or were not going to carry it, Cultvman got a small number of kit but I was too late to take advantage of the offer. I got this kit from a U.K. seller on e-bay at a great price with very fast shipping included, not bad...

Had some time while I waited for the epoxy to set on my Comlock build so I thought I'd start looking at the kit and lay out a plan for inputing power to run the effects and charge the battery, I hope anyone who might be building this kit finds this post useful. I did have to reshape the coil slightly in order to fit, but if you're careful it will work....;)

Attachments

• Revell RC01.jpg
    Revell RC01.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Revell RC02.jpg
    Revell RC02.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Revell RC03.jpg
    Revell RC03.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 131
Well, now that the Comlocks are done it's time to get back to the Razor Crest..... So far it's been a fun build and the texture on the outer hull does not bother me. I used my favorite LED for engine effects, NeoPixels, love them, there is so much you can do with them when it comes to lighting effects. I do wish the parts for the engine thrusters were done with lighting in mind, almost everyone lights their builds, engines are a no-brainier....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• Engine prep for lighting12.jpg
    Engine prep for lighting12.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Engine prep for lighting13.jpg
    Engine prep for lighting13.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Engine prep for lighting11.jpg
    Engine prep for lighting11.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Engine prep for lighting08.jpg
    Engine prep for lighting08.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Engine prep for lighting04.jpg
    Engine prep for lighting04.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Engine prep for lighting01.jpg
    Engine prep for lighting01.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 120
Wow! I love the engine effect. This build may be my first venture with neopixels and an Arduino.
Thank you modelerdave..... You're going to love what you can do with NeoPixels, the possibilities are endless, have fun with them and be sure to post your work......(y)

Last edited:
I used to work with several electrical engineers. If I had a dollar for every time I heard them say 'Arduino', I could retire. ;)

Great work, so far.

Thought it was time for a bit of an update....:whistle::sleep::lol: Since I was not a fan of the AMT Razor Crest offering due to the overly simplified exterior detail and lack of the cargo interior, it just was not going to get built, but I did prefer the way the engines were broken down, giving me the opportunity go further with modding, adding lighting and animating the engines blades at the front of the intakes. I'll be using them on my Revell Razor Crest build , the kit I am building....(y) The lighting effect will be much as I did on the Revell engines, though I did add amber LEDs for the outer thrust ring, the area I didn't open up.

Attachments

• AMT engine moding for my Revell build02.jpg
    AMT engine moding for my Revell build02.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 72
  • AMT engine moding for my Revell build03.jpg
    AMT engine moding for my Revell build03.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 65
  • AMT engine moding for my Revell build04.jpg
    AMT engine moding for my Revell build04.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 59
  • AMT engine moding for my Revell build07.jpg
    AMT engine moding for my Revell build07.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 77

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back