My Projects - Now includes R2-D2 v. 2.0

The price is the thing that's steered me away so far. I remember how much you said you paid for the HOC blue paint for your first one! (I'm pretty sure that was yours...)

Yup, that was me with the paint :) Oddly enough, I'm just getting prepped to sell off all of the remainder of that stuff, and I don't think much will go to waste, so it has a happy ending.

Usually, one of the biggest challenges is just collecting the parts. Depending on your available cash each month, and the frequency at which people do runs, it can easily take a couple of years to get all of the parts together.

Jason, how is it that you don't have an R2 yet???

Well for one it's taken me two years just to finish my Endor rifle! :lol I just have way too many hobbies. Eventually I'll build one.

BTW, speaking of the paint, when you originally posted that I told my dad about it. He used to custom paint all his Corvettes years ago. He had been talking about checking out all the new paint because the stuff now is different. So his jaw dropped when I told him that. I guess the prices have gone up since the 70's. :lol

well, to be fair, what I also learned about painting my R2 is that the price doubles... when you have to buy the paints twice. This happens when you buy the wrong paints the first time :)

Today was armpits day;

pit.jpg

More here, in today's blog post.
The Project Workbench: Legs, Armpits and Horseshoes.

Great job!

I have the exact same kit, all CNC wood frame and legs. aluminum double skins and dome, is the skirt wood and were did you get the center vents?

GFollano

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back