My P1 Head

mortenharket

Sr Member
Hi all,

I received my Booie dreds with AVP rings over the festive season and have to say they are AWESOME!!!!!!! So ive been a little quiet on my armour making, although I have done a few little things but nothing worth shouting about.

So, back to my mask :eek: I washed the dreds and have cut X's in my mask and test fitte most of the dreds. Let me know what you guys think? I will be prepping and painting the dred rings over the next week. Im really glad that I chose P2 mandibles with my P1 mask to make it a bit more unique, I think its quite aggressive :D Ill say thanks again to Usurper for the painted mask, eyes and putting up with constant q's from me.

And a question.... what glue would you reccommend to fix them in place that will be more "idiot" friendly to joe public if I wear this to a convention etc.

Cheers

jon

I love the different mandibles on that mask. Does look quite pissed off! Looks a bit like Wolf's younger brother :D

I used superglue for my dreads, holds them pretty well so far...

Cheers for the comments :D

Im just sorting out the rings and getting the paints to crack on with them. I think I will try superglue and gorilla glue on another an have a little test. But I know that cynoacryltes are not very good in shear (***** I knew all those years at university would come in handy one day!!!!).

Ha ha yeah, it kinda does look like wolfs little brother.

Hey Morten,
try Gorrila glue brand Super glue.
They make a Clear super glue now. it is super strong. By far my favorite glue.

2008010502031862008-0103-3325.jpg.gif

Thanks xdmray. I did a little test last night with gorilla glue and superglue. The superglue seemed to melt the foam of the dread so I will be staying clear of that. Is this gorilla glue the same stuff that takes about 24 hours to cure? Im not bothered if it takes me a few days to get these glued in I would rather do it right

naw, this new stuff is just like other super glues, cures in minutes. it's nice for things that you can't clamp down like the orriginal gorilla glue.

Thing is with super glue, I always end up gluing my bloomin fingers together So the general consensus is super glue???? Ill do another little test and see how the gorilla glue acts to a gentle tug

cheers

glad to see him dredded up

the paint up is a simplyfied P1 scheme as requested by Morten, i didnt put as much depth into the skin and the spots were purposely made softer.

looking forward to seeing the rest of the suit

glad to see him dredded up

the paint up is a simplyfied P1 scheme as requested by Morten, i didnt put as much depth into the skin and the spots were purposely made softer.

looking forward to seeing the rest of the suit

Yup, I asked for it a bit softer incase I painted the suit myself.

You will see the suit first hand Lee cause im gonna send it to you for painting ;)

Have to say I love the P1 paint job on it and the angry look to it. Gratz on a great mask. You will be getting some swarm of people over to you when u have that on at a con I would imagine

Have to say I love the P1 paint job on it and the angry look to it. Gratz on a great mask. You will be getting some swarm of people over to you when u have that on at a con I would imagine

really hoping to get to a con this year if I get the suit finished. half way through gluing the dreds in place tonight and will be taking the rings into work tomorrow to clean them up, an excellent use of company time ;)

Got a 3rd of the dreds glued in last night

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back