My P1 Head

I have started painting the rings now. Sorry to tease I will get some pics up ASAP. I gave them all a light coat of primer to give a good base and undercoated them all black ready for the gold, silver and bronze top coat. After the coloured top coat what do you guys recommend for achieving an aged look? Would something like rub and buff etc work or just give the rings a light wash with a black? I want them to maintain a fairly new apprearence 'cause the image im going for is a relatively young predator whose armour etc is still fairly fresh (a kind of noob like myself if you will lol)

not sure what rub and buff is hehe.

but i figure theres no right or wrong way to do all this stuff, its just whatever works for you. :D

not sure what rub and buff is hehe.

but i figure theres no right or wrong way to do all this stuff, its just whatever works for you. :D

Cheers, just popped into my local games workshop over lunch time for some tips and they suggested some washes to use and demo-ed them on a few models. Looked pretty good so will be trying them.

BTW Lee, a gamerscore of 17000+ wtf???? are you an xbox god?

Hi all,

A quick update on this. I have started (well about 70% completed) painting my dread rings. Ive attached some pictures for all you picturs wh***s lol. (We all love pics :D). So basically the black rings is an in progress shot after a light coat of primer and an undercoat of black. Then I have spray painted all the rings gold and silver so far, I have to pick up some bronze paint to do the last few bronze to add some more colour to the set. I have the various washes for the rings to give an aged look and have been experimenting with the amount of wash to use to achieve a very slight oxidised look as im going for a young pred look with fairly new gear . The pics dont seem to show the weathering due to the flash, but the gold comes out nice with a bit of ageing on it, takes away the in your face brightness of the paint. Do you guys laquer your dread rings after to protect the paint at conventions etc???

Cheers

All finished its been fun. Completed painting the rings on sat, and just finished putting them onto the mask 5 minutes ago. Cheers to everyone whos helped with my suit journey so far. Now back to the armour and skin.....

Thanks very much, the more I think about it - it does have a wolf esque look to it. In some ways im sad now, cause ive enjoyed finishing this off so much.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back