My new Die Hard radio

Kwc271

Hello,
I was able to score a couple of Kenwood TH-21AT radios rather cheaply and thought I’d share them with y’all! Now, before we begin, I realize these aren’t the exact models used in Die Hard, but it was what I could find and they were a very good price. Here they are…
35F1735E-7CD8-4BA7-97D3-EB0FC5C35C96.jpeg

It took me about 20 years, but I finally found the correct Kenwood TH21-BT
With all of the accessories that I've found over the years, this allowed me to test each battery and radio and figure out which ones work and don't.
So I went and made an "unboxing video" and demonstration with all of the accessories that I've found over the years:

After I got the correct radio last year, I've started selling off the ones that weren't right. Which I think was about 7 radios?
Since then, I've also found some interesting pieces like factory replacement parts, covers, stickers, buttons, etc. I'll have to take photos/make an updated video of those soon.

If you ever find any of the shorty UHF antennas, I'd definitely would want some. At least 2 for my personal collection, and then maybe some extras so I can fit on the radios that I'm trying to sell that don't have antennas.

Heckler and Koch makes it! It is a deactivated MP5 but I think Enfield made it as it has no HK mark. I had a Denix replica 92F once but those are poor quality, I have my eye on a deactivated one. Thanks!

Actually HK94s with cut down barrels was used in Die Hard, I would belive it was because of the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 and you see the same HK94s used in Predator too

I actually had a H&K MP5 when I was in the norwegian army about twenty years ago, a really fun gun to shoot and especially after seeing it in movies and documentaries when I was younger

It was my understanding that the prop company had HK94s, but not MP5s, as the movie called for... so they modified their HK94s to look like MP5s.

Actually HK94s with cut down barrels was used in Die Hard, I would belive it was because of the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 and you see the same HK94s used in Predator too

I actually had a H&K MP5 when I was in the norwegian army about twenty years ago, a really fun gun to shoot and especially after seeing it in movies and documentaries when I was younger

The Gun Control Act of 1968 would probably have more of an impact on movie production than the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986, since the GCA stopped the importation of foreign made machineguns. That's why most "NFA guns" are American made. Hence why full auto MP5s in private hands are extremely rare. And as such, HK94s had to be converted.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back