My Mk. 42 build, new STL files for upper arm section

Re: My Mk. 42 build (complete forearm at pg.6)

I've downloaded the stl files for the forearm, finger and hand plate armour, and they're incredible! quick question, though, are you gonna do the armour for the hand with the repulsors? also, can the pieces so far (forearm, fingers and hand plates)be used on both arms?
great work though, loving it! :D:thumbsup

This looks great! Colors are perfect!!

I'm working on my own Catia project right now. Surfacing is not as easy at it looks. Well done.

How did you make the wrist? And can you show us how you connected that g4 bulb to your power supply? Keep up the great work!

Thanks! :D
Sadly I haven't had any spare time to continue on this.

Ha, maybe just make one boot and you can run around on Halloween as dungeon-escape Tony!

Maybe next year ^^

I've downloaded the stl files for the forearm, finger and hand plate armour, and they're incredible! quick question, though, are you gonna do the armour for the hand with the repulsors? also, can the pieces so far (forearm, fingers and hand plates)be used on both arms?
great work though, loving it! :D:thumbsup

It's my intention to make those, but the time hasn't been on my side yet..
Yes, the parts are applicable to both arms. The inner armor needs to be flipped to fit the left arm though.

This looks great! Colors are perfect!!

I'm working on my own Catia project right now. Surfacing is not as easy at it looks. Well done.

Surfacing is a pain in the a**, but it really makes up for it when you enter the "prepare for printing stage" :)
Great to hear someone else is using Catia. What kind of project are you working on?

How did you make the wrist? And can you show us how you connected that g4 bulb to your power supply? Keep up the great work!

The wrist is made of the same material as the inner glove; ribbed silicone sheets. The member Mockle has started selling them: http://www.therpf.com/f13/ironman-glove-ribs-red-black-silver-194053/

Hi Abb, I've got a few questions about the LED panels that you used in the hand for the repulsors:
1) How wide are they?
2) How thick are they?
3) How did you attach them to the palm?
4) How did you power them, and where did you store the power supply?

Also, how did you attach the glove piece to the forearm, and the hand plates to the glove?
Thanks, and keep up the great work!!!

What kind of paint/technique did you use to get that brushed metal look? It looks fantastic!

This is absolutely beautiful! Similar to the above question, what colors did you use for the red and gold? It looks spot on and I want to use those colors for my 42 helmet. Thanks!

Thanks once again guys :D

Hi Abb, I've got a few questions about the LED panels that you used in the hand for the repulsors:

Thanks, and keep up the great work!!!

1) How wide are they?
2) How thick are they? -
These are the ones I used: G4 T10 9 12 24 LED 3528 5050 1210 SMD Light Lamp Bulb Cold Warm White AC DC 12V | eBay
I don't have the measurements in my head, but I would guess around 3cm in diameter and a couple of mms in depth

3) How did you attach them to the palm? - Just some hot glue and a frosted plastic disc on top

4) How did you power them, and where did you store the power supply? - I use a couple of button cells that right now is taped on the inside of the palm above the thumb.

Also, how did you attach the glove piece to the forearm, and the hand plates to the glove? - The glove isn't attached to the forearm at all, and the plates are held in place using magnets.

What kind of paint/technique did you use to get that brushed metal look? It looks fantastic!
Thanks!
I used Alclad II Titanium-Gold chrome paint on top of a brushed gloss paint.

This is absolutely beautiful! Similar to the above question, what colors did you use for the red and gold?
It looks spot on and I want to use those colors for my 42 helmet. Thanks!
IIRC the red is Mica Red Metallic and the beige is Volvo Lunar Gold Metallic

Did you use the g4 LEDs with the pins on the bottom or did you bend the rods on the sides?

I desoldered the pins and attached wires.

I finally got to take some decent photos.
I managed to get a hold of a Falke shirt from a nice member to accompany the armor. No arc though...
im3_2.jpg

I'm subbed to this thread and come look at it now and again, every time I dribble a little more; it's so damn beautiful your gauntlet!
Awesome job! Hope when I give it a go it turns out half as well!

Absolutely love the work you have done so far! It looks very good! Where are you going after the arms? Chest or...?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back