My kind of BTTF MAG project

Jewan

I read lot of forum pages, watched lot of pictures, made patterns mix and adjustements of official and similar nike mag.
After 4 month, here is my final beta test shoe.
I used foam (soft for tongue and shell, strong for ankle bukle and heel), T-shirts, velcro, contact cement, acrylic paint, plastidip (only for sole final coat), super glue, sewing machine, nail scissors, normal scissors, elastic strap, dremel, sand paper... I think that's all
Comments are welcome.
If some people are interested and patient, I'll try to make a tutorial (movie or pics compilation) and give patterns.
DSCF2241.JPGDSCF2240.JPGDSCF2239.JPGDSCF2238.JPGDSCF2237.JPG
Here is a video 360 on my web page (you can see some of my creations) : https://www.facebook.com/midnowhereman/videos/1067645463265986/

Last edited:
I read lot of forum pages, watched lot of pictures, made patterns mix and adjustements of official and similar nike mag.
After 4 month, here is my final beta test shoe.
I used foam (soft for tongue and shell, strong for ankle bukle and heel), T-shirts, contact cement, acrylic paint, plastidip (only for sole final coat), super glue, sewing machine, nail scissors, normal scissors, elastic strap, dremel, sand paper... I think that's all
Comments are welcome.
If some people are interested and patient, I'll try to make a tutorial (movie or pics compilation) and give patterns.
View attachment 567615View attachment 567614View attachment 567613View attachment 567612View attachment 567611
Here is a video 360 on my web page (you can see some of my creations) : https://www.facebook.com/midnowhereman/videos/1067645463265986/

amazing work
so what did you make the soles out of?
are they cast rubber or just foam cutout? and shaped?

For information, estimate price : between 35 and 40€ for one pair (I don't know in US dollar, I'm french).

I walked with it but not for long time and just indoor. I made just one shoe, but when I will make a pair, I'll do "crash" test. I already say to you this one is pretty confortable.

Very cool. Looking forward to any tutorials you do especially how you got the fabric to form fit so good.

attachment.php

This is the best pair of homemade MAGs I've ever seen. I've you have the money you should think about a full upgrade with cavx's clear soles, cloneprops ankle buckle, and a whole light setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best pair of homemade MAGs I've ever seen. I've you have the money you should think about a full upgrade with @cavx's clear soles, cloneprops ankle buckle, and a whole light setup.

If he has replicated the 2011 MAG as close as I think he has, my currently clear soles won't actually fit as the V2 are quite a bit different from the 1989/2011 shoe both underneath and on the inside wings.

It would end up being a brand new sole project.

If he has replicated the 2011 MAG as close as I think he has, my currently clear soles won't actually fit as the V2 are quite a bit different from the 1989/2011 shoe both underneath and on the inside wings.

It would end up being a brand new sole project.
Well I think a little cutting could fix that. He could give you some dimensions of the areas under the shoe and you could suggest the size he needs.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back