My hybrid Hugh Jackman Avenger Wolverine (UPDATE 3/12)

Re: The "what if" Hugh Jackman Wolverine Avenger build. (New pic page 2)

Been combining some old aspects of Jackman's old suit from X1 into my suit. I really liked the gloves in the movie, they were very Batman 1989-esque. Found an almost exact pair as far as the ribbing is concerned, gauntlet style. I've been thinking about some modifications to cover up the company logo on the double velcro tabs. I may just ask for the scrap gold from the suit maker and cover up the logos with the gold.

Cool gloves Bub, are you planning on making them fingerless like in your reference image on the first page of this thread, I think that would make it look badass!

Check if the gloves have a lining, if they do buy a size too small, turn them inside out and carefully remove the lining. The gloves may need a little rest stitching afterwards. You don't want thick gloves, you'll look too bulky and you'll roast at conventions.

Check if the gloves have a lining, if they do buy a size too small, turn them inside out and carefully remove the lining. The gloves may need a little rest stitching afterwards. You don't want thick gloves, you'll look too bulky and you'll roast at conventions.

I always do this to my gloves. It is the only way to go.

Forgot to mention this is my first build...EVER. Only decided to do Wolverine because it's been a nickname since 1st grade. Never did a convention because I wasn't that kinda person before but now I see the appeal! Rip the lining out? Never considered that but I don't think I will because these are all seasonal gloves, don't think it'll bother me much. The only thing I have to do now Is design some boot covers and find a good looking but cheap boot.

Love this idea and am looking forward to seeing your progress! A group of friends and I are planning some X-men costumes in the near future and I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to be Wolverine. We're leaning towards Ultimate versions so this will be good inspiration. :)

Alright people, I need some help. Especially from you Batman 89 people. The only part left for the suit I need to get done is the boots themselves. I have really been a fan of the 89 boots Keaton wore. I'd like to incorporate some of that into my suit, as far as the construction of the boot covers, etc. If memory serves me correct, they are Nike Cross trainers? Is there someplace online where I can get a tutorial on how they were converted to boots?
These aren't going to be batman boots, but the shoe aspect will be a lot more comfortable walking around, and won't add much height either which is key ;)

Last edited:

Forum ~ Runboard

This link should take you to a brief description and some photos of how to make the 89 Nike boots but if you do a search on brotherhoodofthebat you'll find dozens of tutorials and work in progresses of the boots you want. It's not a simple job I can tell you that much.

Batfan, thanks a bunch. That helped me out a lot. Drawing up some sketches on the design, will post when I get a chance.

Re: The "what if" Hugh Jackman Wolverine Avenger build. (Updated 2/7)

So did some sketches of some boot covers inspired heavily from the Bat 89 suit...Slightly modified of course. This is just an idea...but I made it angle in to pay tribute to the classic boots. Question is how I am going to make them...The color of them will be all black. I'm debating on weather I'd make a gold tab to wrap around the velcro strap at the bottom for a little pizzaz....Still in the works though.:thumbsup

Re: The "what if" Hugh Jackman Wolverine Avenger build. (UPDATED 2/7)

If it doesn't matter about the exact style I'd go on eBay type in Nike and your size, select cheapest first on the search and buy a pair that have at least a black sole, you can also buy leather dye quite cheap. For the upper boot a women's boot will be cheapest, it doesn't have to be an exact size, I just did a couple of eBay searches, you can find what your looking for starting at 99p (plus postage). This could be a really cheap, great looking boot. But it's a lot of work

Re: The "what if" Hugh Jackman Wolverine Avenger build. (UPDATED 2/7)

Hey guys, thought I'd give a little update. This thing is coming together quite nicely. I opted for a few changes when I discovered I lack the creative skill to build the boots hahaha. I bought the boots shown below, thought they'd go quite good with the suit.
46101_1.jpg

I also posted those gauntlet style gloves before, the reviews said the fit was garbage, so I went with the same style, just without the gauntlet part. Looks like I'm gonna have to build the rest of the glove myself using pleather...With that said, does anybody have experience on here with making gauntlets?
$(KGrHqV,!p0FCydwG3OGBQyi(MZpgQ~~60_3.JPG

I also ordered 4, m26 grenade pouches to hold my phone and a few other things and ordered a utility belt that came with 2, 9 mil clip holders...Thought those would be nice and sturdy to hold cigars in ;). Will get pics of the belt and pockets when they get in.
PS: Reevz got my gold fabric sample to match with the cowl, should receive that in the next 2 weeks. STAY TUNED!

803309_10151504733639295_2001974568_n.jpg
CIMG0839.JPG

So I got a few updates. Here was progress on my suit sent from my lovely people at Cape and Cowl Creations. It looks rough but here's the general idea of what I'm going for, minus the colar that has yet to be made. And above that is the cowl fully finished to match the suit.

Looking good, really love the cowl. The boots and gloves definitely look the part. I'm not sure about the shirt, I can't really tell from the picture, maybe once it's stitched up you could post some more pics. For the guantlets maybe you could build separate bracers like what Cap wears in avengers (but in black), I'm sure there must be a tutorial or a pep file on therpf somewhere.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back