My Halloween super budget build COMPLETE!

LordOderus

Hello everyone! I've been working on a Predator costume for Halloween since August. It's super cheaply made. All in all cost me about $100. Most of the parts we're scavenged or donated. All except the mask and unitard that I painted up for the skin. Here's my thread from the "work in progress board"

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=14087

Anyways, here is the completed suit. I have 3 laser pointers rigged up in the mask, and they actually work, but you cant see it too well in the picture. I'll be taking some more pics tomorrow, so I will make sure to take some in the dark so you can see the lasers. Fingers crossed that I win the costume contest tomorrow night!

Let me know what everyone thinks!

-pete-

predator_done_001.jpg

predator_done_002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I wore it to my friends comic store today and waved at traffic for about an hour. He was giving out candy and comics to trick or treaters so I decided to help lure people in. I got a lot of honks and waves from passers by and a few people even stopped to take pictures with me! Overall I am very pleased with how it came out.

Going to a costume contest tonight at a local bar. I figure I've got a fair shot at winning. Wish me luck!

-pete-

Costume was a huge hit at the contest at the bar here! Everyone loved it, even though I kept inadvertently blinding them with the tri laser as I looked around!
I ended up getting first place in the contest and won myself $100! When they announced that the Predator costume had won, I jumped up from my seat in the corner, pulled off the bio mask, and started flexing "mr. universe" style. Everyone laughed and clapped! I'm really happy with how the whole thing turned out! Thanks again everyone for all your help, advice, and complements! My girlfriend and I want to make our own custom Bios this winter. I live in upstate NY so and nice indoor hobby is a good thing to have. I will be sure to start a WIP thread for it when we get to it!

-pete-

Looks good Pete, you even managed to win some money to cover the cost of the costume. I'll get a completed thread of mine once I can find some pictures of it.

Brad

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back