My Grail Diary (story)


Sr Member
Started work on it a few weeks ago. Used the text done by Marc Kitter, got the images from various places on the net. For the images that weren't very clear or small, I redraw them, when I had a clean large image, I used it. Now that I have my first one done and have a feel for it, I plan to recreate my own text to go with the game diary, redraw the images that I previously didn't redraw, and fix a few things on some of my drawings. I used a thick paper, too thick in fact, but I do like the feel and look of the pages. I still need to age the cover a bit, but I've got the diary clamped back up drying some more and will work on that next week. I also need to do all the inserts, as I haven't gotten around to that yet. Overall, I'm very happy with it. Also, almost everything used to make it, I had laying around and didn't have any other use for, so in total, I had to spend literally about $3 on materials I didn't have (cover, which came from the scrap bin and a piece of elastic). It's not perfect by any means, but I learned a lot that I can apply to my next one.



Active Member
Good job, sure that if you decide to make another one you will learn your own techniques of aging and you will end up redrawing each image. I know people that once started the project have spent years making improvements and research. A prop made ​​for yourself is much more than collecting. congratulations


Active Member
This is a beautiful piece. I really like seeing the props people build themselves for there own collection. It gives it more of a characteristic, and has that much more meaning to the owner. Excellent work.