My Ghostbusters Display

Phish4dinner

Been organizing my stuff lately. Figured I'd share my display in progress.

I own more Ghostbusters prop parts than merchandise but I'm proud of my collection so far. Quality over quantity. :)

-Bill Murray GB1 Proton Pack with all real parts. Work in progress.

-Vintage Flightsuits LTD flightsuit with accurate GB1 ripstock and "sloppy" no ghost patch.

-Accurate vintage Vietnam War era boots

-Accurate Beckman PH Meter aka the Shock Box (I need to replace some broken knobs. Luckily they are common and cheap on ebay.)

-GB2 Production Vigo lifecasts from Wilhelm Von Homburgs main casting day. These were also used to help create the emerge effect from when Vigos face first pops out of the painting. COA from Tim Lawrence, GB2 Creature prop supervisor. These were from his personal collection.

-Lego Ecto 1, Mint condition RGB blanket and various other trinkets.

My Terror Bull Dog seems to approve! :)
11270661_10152864717458231_1836691062575144643_o.jpg

10915064_10152864917368231_3688769846969635201_o.jpg

Last edited:
That has to be one of the best collections i've seen, just for the pack and flight suit alone. Really goes to show you have an eye for the quality rather than the quantity. Anyone can buy GB merch off a shelf and display it but to seek out the most accurate vintage flight suit made from the correct material and make a pack using only the correct vintage parts and casts with screen used lineage takes real skill. Be proud my friend!

That has to be one of the best collections i've seen, just for the pack and flight suit alone. Really goes to show you have an eye for the quality rather than the quantity. Anyone can buy GB merch off a shelf and display it but to seek out the most accurate vintage flight suit made from the correct material and make a pack using only the correct vintage parts and casts with screen used lineage takes real skill. Be proud my friend!

Thanks! It's been a real labor of love. The toys are just extra pieces of flare. :p

Figured I'd take of pic of my elbow pads. I'm looking for a mannequin for my flightsuit before I bust a pair out of my Tupperware. I love them too much. :)

470795_10150839372338231_79491189_o.jpg

Looks great! What she'll did you use? I like the little circle mark on the gear box, and the 2 holes on each cyclotron ring. Those little things really add up. What's got me really puzzled is your boots!! Are those vintage with real metal zippers? I have the newer boots with plastic zippers and had to paint them silver, I would love real metal zippers

your collection looks great!

Looks great! What she'll did you use? I like the little circle mark on the gear box, and the 2 holes on each cyclotron ring. Those little things really add up. What's got me really puzzled is your boots!! Are those vintage with real metal zippers? I have the newer boots with plastic zippers and had to paint them silver, I would love real metal zippers

your collection looks great!

Thanks! It's a Pchrisbosh1 shell. I have a Spengler GB1 hero planned for the future as well. I have a link to the build thread in my signature but for some reason the pics are broken.

The boots are indeed vintage GB1 boots and completely unmodified. Just like the flightsuit, finding accurate ones that fit is like catching lightning in a bottle. Here's a better pic of them..
11149624_10152837131438231_7522711333939611891_o.jpg

What kind of boots do you have? The common Corcorans that most people use have brass zippers, you just have to sand the black paint off to reveal it. But, for GB1 you'd still have to paint it silver afterwards.

Thanks! It's a Pchrisbosh1 shell. I have a Spengler GB1 hero planned for the future as well. I have a link to the build thread in my signature but for some reason the pics are broken.

The boots are indeed vintage GB1 boots and completely unmodified. Just like the flightsuit, finding accurate ones that fit is like catching lightning in a bottle. Here's a better pic of them..
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...31_7522711333939611891_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

What kind of boots do you have? The common Corcorans that most people use have brass zippers, you just have to sand the black paint off to reveal it. But, for GB1 you'd still have to paint it silver afterwards.

im running corcorans, i used a heavy silver sharpie to color them silver. i really like weathered stuff, so i beat the heck out of my boots. along with my flightsuit which i chose a nomex. which i bought used off ebay, i washed it over 30 times with fabric softener and then rolled around on the concert around the swimming pool, it had just enough texture to really wear the nomex

that shell is beautiful, i have a biggishell1.0 from vinny, metal hero Nfilter built in. im still collecting parts. your so lucky to find those boots man, i love them! i am hoping to find a shop locally to install metal zippers, the only thing that sucks about the crocorans is they have button snaps on the top, i cut the tongue off and colored the male button top black, hides well but its still there..

wish i had boots like yours

heres the snaps

IMG_1850450x600.jpg

im running corcorans, i used a heavy silver sharpie to color them silver. i really like weathered stuff, so i beat the heck out of my boots. along with my flightsuit which i chose a nomex. which i bought used off ebay, i washed it over 30 times with fabric softener and then rolled around on the concert around the swimming pool, it had just enough texture to really wear the nomex

that shell is beautiful, i have a biggishell1.0 from vinny, metal hero Nfilter built in. im still collecting parts. your so lucky to find those boots man, i love them! i am hoping to find a shop locally to install metal zippers, the only thing that sucks about the crocorans is they have button snaps on the top, i cut the tongue off and colored the male button top black, hides well but its still there..

wish i had boots like yours

heres the snaps

http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/y323/lightningdan/Mobile Uploads/IMG_1850450x600.jpg

I still have my Corcoran 995s.. Just drill out the button rivet. The little hole that will be leftover is a lot less visible than you might think. I like them weathered too so I brought them to work one day and just kicked around sheet rock dust for a little while. They looked screen used afterwards. Lol I didn't weather the vintage boots however. I don't think I will, they are too good a shape to do that to them. It just wouldn't be right. :p

Found a pic of my weathered Corcorans. Just wanted to show halliwax how well the sheet rock dust gets into those cracks. Just find a construction site and start kicking some around..
20140422_152415.jpg

dude i never thought of sheetrock dust!! brilliant! ive used fullers earth and even cinnamon, with hair spray as the bonding agent

being in the construction field, i can access sheetrock dust pretty easy lol, i hate it for the life of me though.

how did you find those boots, mind sharing what name to hunt for? like you said finding your size is very rare but it can be added to my list of stuff to search for awhile on ebay

thanks for sharing those pics and weathering tips!

dude i never thought of sheetrock dust!! brilliant! ive used fullers earth and even cinnamon, with hair spray as the bonding agent

being in the construction field, i can access sheetrock dust pretty easy lol, i hate it for the life of me though.

how did you find those boots, mind sharing what name to hunt for? like you said finding your size is very rare but it can be added to my list of stuff to search for awhile on ebay

thanks for sharing those pics and weathering tips!

No problem. I'm always glad to help with tips and accuracy information. :)

I found most of the rare stuff myself (I actually am the one who ID'd the shock box in an earlier thread.) But, a buddy of mine actually found the boots and since they were in my size he pointed me to them. I'm very thankful. If you're good to people eventually that karma comes back. :)

Anyways, there is no manufacturer on the boots. They are just numbered surplus military boots. Goodyear Welt is the just reffering to the style of sole. That may help a little bit. But when it comes down to it all you're really looking for is old leather boots while crossing your fingers. Good luck, it's always a long journey! I've been working on my cherry pack alone for over 4 years. I simply wont add anything thats not accurate.

Here's some more pics of the boots to help you out. If you ever find any that don't fit you, hit me up. I'll have a buyer for you. ;)

11313100_10152877920753231_6524704018125150550_o.jpg

11313002_10152877920578231_4874722857848275699_o.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back