My first vinyl kit

MonkeyRaff

Hi I just bought my first vinyl kit, I used to do models but never of predators. Where can I find useful tips and more precisly on painting?

Thanks a lot.

Well, I started it!
It is great! I am really enjoying this stuff of vinyl kits I have already trimmed all the parts and assembled most of it, I also did some putting on the seams and gaps.
I found on a website the advice of pouring some plaster in the lower parts so the kit will be more heavy, it will make it more stable and look more like a statue then a toy (cause vinyl is very light), so I also did that. Now I am waiting over night for the plaster to cure and tomorrow I will finish assembling the backpack and canon.
I can't wait to get an airbrush to start painting this thing! :p

I also took some pictures of today's work, so I will put them here asap.

Any comments or/and advices are really appreciated.

Too exited, can't sleep. Had to post the first pictures! lol!

This one is of the upper part, with the putting on the joints, gaps, ect... (can't see it very well, it's on the wrists and where the arms connect to the shoulders):

And this one is of the lower part, filled with plaster:

So tomorrow, finishing the head, backpack with canon, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't decide yet, but because it is my very first vinyl kit I think I'm gonna stick to the original P1 color as muh as possible.
Any names of the paints I should use then? thanks

And here is some pictures of today's work:

Had to use some putting for the missing part of the canon and for the seam between the canon's base and the backpack:

Added the head to the torso. I could also use the head without the bio but I think, as my first paint job, it will be easier with only the bio and beside I really like the P1 bio :

One of the blades broke so I had to fix it with putting:

Huge gap on the right leg fixed with putting:

And that's it, next step will be put everything together and painting.
But as for painting it will have to wait until I come back from Japan (going next saturday), that means beginning of february.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back