My First Sculpt Head First Resin Latex#120 Apocalypse Pred

Here are the mandibles that I sculpted and cast-- I just jammed them in for the pics--they arent finished or positioned correctly yet.  Depending on this crazy Michigan weather I will be heading out tomorrow to Bobby's house to try and get this bad boy wrapped up and ready for molding.

DSC08250_zps638e7559.jpg.gif

DSC08246_zps11f35851.jpg.gif

DSC08247_zps0e929cb4.jpg.gif

DSC08248_zps5fa0bff7.jpg.gif

DSC08249_zps6423be9a.jpg.gif

Those mandibles are bad ass Clay!

Your work is always exceptional. I've no doubt this will be any different! 
Always nice to see something out of the ordinary!  :)

~ Evan

jasonx said:
WOW thats awesome brother.looking good
Maybe you can see it Sunday!!

nightshadow said:
Looking good!!! Will you take pics of the molding process?
I will try to document it as best as possible for sure---maybe a video that I can do a time lapse-- I dont know yet-- but pics for sure.

Predlethe said:
Those mandibles are bad ass Clay!
Thanks-- I wanted to have a different look for sure
Predlethe said:
Your work is always exceptional. I've no doubt this will be any different! 
Always nice to see something out of the ordinary!  :)

~ Evan
Thanks for the compliment --means a lot considering all the talent I see here

Ya what would be helpful is a video of you pulling the mold itself. I've seen videos of people putting their molds together but never pulling their mold off and I think that would be kind of interesting. If not I'm gonna do it with my sculpture lol I'm right behind you in the sculpting and molding phase so your very inspirational on all of your projects. I'm looking forward to this being complete. Keep up the good work!

here are some things that I did while I am waiting to go see Bobby-- I may end up doing this all myself-- Added some texture on the forehead and the mandibles, teeth are all there-- also some more texture on the skin.

Just have to fine tune it.

P1030152_zpsa91803f1.jpg.gif

P1030151_zps3b9f8f3d.jpg.gif

P1030150_zpsbca36b4d.jpg.gif

P1030149_zpsc41f23c1.jpg.gif

P1030148_zps734e26a9.jpg.gif

P1030147_zps69ef1ca1.jpg.gif

P1030153_zps5ae54227.jpg.gif

Hey Clay,  I have Don Lannings video tutorial on "Sculpture Techniques, Texture and Forms" and that covers veins as texture although it makes the point that they don't run on the surface for long distances, they kinda submerge and then pop back up again and the eye fills in the blanks making it one continuous vein.  It is only a small amount of detail on your sculpt but the first thing people do is look at the eyes and the area around it so it could help the overall impact of the sculpt tidying them up a bit.

Just my two pennies worth before you cast.

Giles said:
Hey Clay,  I have Don Lannings video tutorial on "Sculpture Techniques, Texture and Forms" and that covers veins as texture although it makes the point that they don't run on the surface for long distances, they kinda submerge and then pop back up again and the eye fills in the blanks making it one continuous vein.  It is only a small amount of detail on your sculpt but the first thing people do is look at the eyes and the area around it so it could help the overall impact of the sculpt tidying them up a bit.

Just my two pennies worth before you cast.
Im interested in seeing more-- Im a sponge when it comes to learning new techniques and ideas.  How do I get these??  Thanks!!

I'll try not to sound like a sales rep for Stan Winston School of Character Arts but if you google it they have a wholelot of tutorials on dvd to buy think the price is down to $39.99 or video streams for $19.99 which you can watch as many times as you like. I've bought three now which are Don Lannings sculpture techniques, Bruce Spalding Fullers sculpting of a hag/witch and Gary Yee's Stone Moulds in UltraCal 30. There are loads more including how to paint a predator bio, ones on anamatronics, armoury and they are always doing more. I spent a weekend watching and then start practising techniques and feel i learnt more in two days than i did in 2 years.

I'm new to this board and I will introduce myself later.  But I just wanted to say I really like the progression and how you go down one road then change direction as if the mask is directing you.  My impression is that this Predator has seen many battles, kinda of like been to Hell and back.  (This is meant as a compliment.)  

Hmmm new name for this-- "Hell bound"  just maybe---

welcome to the madness Edison--  glad to have you as  a part of the family.

LOVE IT LOVE MAN !!!! sorry i missed this thread lately i have been so wrapped up in my build..... I have no excuse . how about adding to the name (the hellbound demon) sorry that's all i got  but that is one bad mamma jamma cant wait to see it in paint !

seahunterr said:
Those videos are awesome and have some great tips. Sculpt is looking more amazing each wek Clay!
thanks Gene-- I have so much fun doing these!!-- the suit is looking great!!!

ThePriest said:
LOVE IT LOVE MAN !!!! sorry i missed this thread lately i have been so wrapped up in my build..... I have no excuse . how about adding to the name (the hellbound demon) sorry that's all i got  but that is one bad mamma jamma cant wait to see it in paint !
Much  appreciated. Im still kicking around the Hellbound thing. I had a really good name the other day and forgot what it was-- I was driving and got a text LOL--- A bit more detailing and cleanup and then off to molding I go. I leave it for a few days , come back and change things up-- soon it will tell me its done.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back