My First Scratch-built & Kit-bashed Spaceship Model - What Now?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

barrie

Hello Alex,
what a good confident start to your scratch building life, Yes rest assured it will grab hold of you and you will not be able to stop doing it. All the advice the other members have given you is great every one is such a good help and always have the answers to many problems. All I can add is just enjoy every build you do and just keep building I began many years ago with a what I would regard now as a mess after my first attempt at scratch building but you will get better and better with time and making more models. and as the saying goes here is one I made before my latest scratch build. My only problem is that I am a terrible painter of models but I just love building them. Keep building and post as many pics as you can all the guys will help with any problems. I am looking forward to your next build.
take care
regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF2368.jpg
    DSCF2368.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF2312.jpg
    DSCF2312.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF2334.jpg
    DSCF2334.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 30

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Hagoth

Others have already said it but still want to say great scratch job here.

As for where to go from here? I always consider the question "What story do I want to tell." That question can guide a lot of things like access panels, missing or in place, new or old, paint job and weathering, details for judging scale... imagination is no limit.

And since this is your story and looks like it could be a good one, I'm just signing up to watch it unfold. (y):cool:

HMR

Looks very sharp! (y)

Experimentation is the key, then when you're done, build another model. :)
This ^. I got this advice a few years ago and it has served me well. Said something along the lines of "Taking a slightly different approach to every build will earn you more uh, discoveries, than doing it the same way every time."

MartinH

I Painted it using my phone while waiting for my wife (no claim to perfection) it was fun :)

Attachments

• 037D40FB-B797-4B0A-8E67-7D02B77E3F1B.jpeg
    037D40FB-B797-4B0A-8E67-7D02B77E3F1B.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 41