My first proper Voyager padd at last!!

Hiddenevil

For years i have seen people post on here, with their completed Padd projects and i've been envious.

A couple of years ago i attempted using thick card, reinforced with watered down PVA glue to make some. It was not only messy, but a pain in the bottom to do. The result was a mixed one.

Couple of people on here suggested i looked towards laser cutting. So finally i did. And here is the results.

Credit goes to Matt Munson and Ethan Williams, who's site i discovered way back in 2002 with Matt's PDF's. Using his measurements i was able to create a template to send to the laser cutters.

imag0597.jpg

By haemogoblin at 2012-01-21

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

imag0027la.jpg

By haemogoblin at 2012-02-22

imag0095b.jpg

By haemogoblin at 2012-02-22

Wow the man himself! thank you that means a lot. I plan on making your larger A4 Voy padds at some point. Just working on some TNG Isolinear chips, which i'm getting laser etched.

I'm really pleased how this came out..i've been trying to make a padd from your PDF files for years Matt! I've snapped styrene, sanded card and cover my living room in paper fibre's because of your templates hehe..it's certainly been a ride

I have been looking for Matt's templates with no joy at all and his blog seems to be down, anyone got any of these templates as i want to have a go at these myself, Thanks.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back