My first Ninja Turtle Costume

TheKlotz

Hello everybody, this is my first post as well as my first attempt at a Ninja Turtle costume. I was going to wait until I finished it to post on here but I decided to go ahead and do it now. I am making the costume out of foam and cloth mostly. I have been filming my progress as I go so you can find my playlist on my channel below. Take a look and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfecjXj8oDnjuWUAXKe_82k9lOebXqD3P

As a side note, I still need to make the belt but don't want to spend a lot of money to purchase the leather for it. I need to get a piece of leather roughly 2.5-3 inches wide and 80 inches long to go all the way around the waist/shell. If anybody has suggestions to where I can find the material for that at a cheap price let me know.

Thanks and enjoy!

This is really cool. I also have a progress thread for a ninja turtle costume. I watched all your videos yesterday, cool to see how you did some of the things you did and kept costs down.

Yeah, I saw your thread the other day. I want to try doing the whole clay mold and silicon/latex thing eventually but don't want to spend the money on it right now.

I'm only doing that for the mask. I don't have the funds for that either. I want to see how close I can get without having to sculpt every single piece. I don't want to take shortcuts, but I believe there's always more than one way to skin a ca... turtle. I'm going to do something similar to what you did for the body suit.

You may want to try using a couple zentai suits (basically a skin tight body suit). You can get them online for $30 - $40. If you get two you can use one to put foam muscles on and then the second to put over top. It was an option I considered but opted not too since I found a cheaper route (turtle neck from a second hand shop). So not sure if it would be better or worse, just another option.

What I want to do because I want the suit to have texture and actual definition. I'm planning to do something similar to what you did, but without covering it with a shirt. I'm going to liquid latex over the muscles (possibly over the shirt so you can't see the foam carving. ) Kind of like how you see people doing the predator costumes.

looks like all three of us are neck deep in turtles at the moment. Great progress here i am definitely stealing your two part front shell for ease of sitting down for my turtles great work so far.

I have finished the costume and am wearing it to my first convention in early november.

SAM_4758.JPGSAM_4752.JPG

You can see my video wearing the costume here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i-DGAHjNhA

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back