My first Ninja Turtle Costume

TheKlotz

Hello everybody, this is my first post as well as my first attempt at a Ninja Turtle costume. I was going to wait until I finished it to post on here but I decided to go ahead and do it now. I am making the costume out of foam and cloth mostly. I have been filming my progress as I go so you can find my playlist on my channel below. Take a look and let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfecjXj8oDnjuWUAXKe_82k9lOebXqD3P

As a side note, I still need to make the belt but don't want to spend a lot of money to purchase the leather for it. I need to get a piece of leather roughly 2.5-3 inches wide and 80 inches long to go all the way around the waist/shell. If anybody has suggestions to where I can find the material for that at a cheap price let me know.

Thanks and enjoy!

This is really cool. I also have a progress thread for a ninja turtle costume. I watched all your videos yesterday, cool to see how you did some of the things you did and kept costs down.

Yeah, I saw your thread the other day. I want to try doing the whole clay mold and silicon/latex thing eventually but don't want to spend the money on it right now.

I'm only doing that for the mask. I don't have the funds for that either. I want to see how close I can get without having to sculpt every single piece. I don't want to take shortcuts, but I believe there's always more than one way to skin a ca... turtle. I'm going to do something similar to what you did for the body suit.

You may want to try using a couple zentai suits (basically a skin tight body suit). You can get them online for $30 - $40. If you get two you can use one to put foam muscles on and then the second to put over top. It was an option I considered but opted not too since I found a cheaper route (turtle neck from a second hand shop). So not sure if it would be better or worse, just another option.

What I want to do because I want the suit to have texture and actual definition. I'm planning to do something similar to what you did, but without covering it with a shirt. I'm going to liquid latex over the muscles (possibly over the shirt so you can't see the foam carving. ) Kind of like how you see people doing the predator costumes.

looks like all three of us are neck deep in turtles at the moment. Great progress here i am definitely stealing your two part front shell for ease of sitting down for my turtles great work so far.

I have finished the costume and am wearing it to my first convention in early november.

SAM_4758.JPGSAM_4752.JPG

You can see my video wearing the costume here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i-DGAHjNhA

Back