My first Mandalorian Helmet - Work in Progress

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Fxguy1

Here are a few pics from my Mandalorian helmet build. I started with floor mat foam for the base, filled seams with Kwik Seal, and then sealed with Epsilon Epoxy from Smooth on before spraying with grey primer. I’m struggling with getting it smooth and could use some advice. At this point all I can figure is to sand it, reapply epoxy and repeat until it’s as smooth as I can get it. Is this something that just takes time and patience (aka practice) or is there something else I should be doing?

thanks!
B7626EA9-64C8-429C-A070-17FDBDC3E237.jpeg
06AC9CEB-28D2-472F-8944-69BCA16C7AA0.jpeg

A078842E-0AD4-4D22-BBEE-74EE3365CD70.jpeg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

sholmes221b

Here are a few pics from my Mandalorian helmet build. I started with floor mat foam for the base, filled seams with Kwik Seal, and then sealed with Epsilon Epoxy from Smooth on before spraying with grey primer. I’m struggling with getting it smooth and could use some advice. At this point all I can figure is to sand it, reapply epoxy and repeat until it’s as smooth as I can get it. Is this something that just takes time and patience (aka practice) or is there something else I should be doing?

thanks!
View attachment 1376760 View attachment 1376761
View attachment 1376762
I’ve had a lot of luck with automobile primer & filler. It’s a 2 in 1 spray you can get at almost any hardware store, and it’s completely sandable. Best of luck!