My first E11 Blaster (ANH)

SomerenV

Hey guys, earlier this year I started working on my first ever prop, the E11 Blaster (A New Hope version) and I was very happy with the end result. However, went the paint dried up I noticed it was too shiny. At first it didn't bug me that much but after a while I wanted to change it. That 'while' become a couple of months and last weekend I decided to repaint the whole thing and finally finish it. Right now most of the work is done, except a proper stand for the blaster and the T tracks, but I'm hoping to finish them by end of the next weekend. Here are some wip pictures to start with:

Y7PNpYt.jpg

sFFpVQl.jpg

Being my first prop project it was a lot of trial and error and a lot of wasted materials. I mostly used PVC and plastic sheets (2mm in thickness I believe) but also some wood, aluminium and some just I had laying around. The above pictures were taking somewhere in January of this year. In the end, it looked like this:

NM0AUFA.jpg

It looks cool but as you can see it's too shiny. I also didn't like the weathering that much. In the next pictures weathering and some small details aren't applied yet, but it already looks way better if you ask me.

nQPPl5j.jpg

v9YkOQ2.jpg

ooAF4uc.jpg

It actually looks like a metal blaster now which is way better than the plastic look of the previous version. I also made a photo to show all the parts and materials I used. Expect some new photo's of the added details and weathering sometime tomorrow.

MLQsKFZ.jpg

Those are some mad skills to replicate such an iconic blaster from scratch ... love your black and white photography too ;)

Chaim

Nice work,
I wish my first prop was that good, I think it just needs a bit of weathering now to bring it really to life, rusty brown matt washes and a tiny bit of silver dry brushing or rub and buff will work wonders and give it an "of the set" look. Bravo

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back