My first build (deago ESB SS Falcon!)

Ktaylor

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here are some test casts for the new flap set up, there will be 2 parts per flap, the end flap and the arms, they will just need to be glued together, I would recommend glueing them together first on a flat level surface since they should sit flush with the surface by design, then glue that final piece to the model.
There were some air bubbles in the ends of the arms there that you can see, but I'll get slower sitting resin for the finals, so the pressure tank will have longer to compress them all out.

IMG_4439.jpg

Ktaylor

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Getting great castings of these guys now that they are 2 parts, gonna do about 8 or so more of each and clean them up then make a master mold of those so I can pull 10 at time...

more to come!
IMG_4584.jpg

ffoeg

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Those look great. Must be satisfying after all the trouble these parts have given you

Ktaylor

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Those look great. Must be satisfying after all the trouble these parts have given you
Thanks, yeah it's been a process for sure. I am happy with how they turned out though and feel they represent the original prop as about as close as can can with such a cobbled together part, I think its 6 different kit parts with some serious reshaping on a couple of them.

enaswede

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can anyone tell me what is the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon height standing on its landing gear to the top of the radar dish?

I have not started building mine yet and need to know this measurement to figure out the size of my display case cover. :)

Any help is much appreciated. :)

Ktaylor

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Finally got some time to get back on this, in the Endgame now!

Attachments

Ktaylor

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Working on the SB docking ring, I’m making it the same as the port, I think the current center part that comes off to conceal the mounting rod is a replacement. After staring long and hard at a few grainy pics of this area in some of the original pics of this model during filming it looks like you can make out some of those 223 and 234 details poking up in the middle.

Attachments

bwize

Sr Member
WOW, your falcon is looking amazing. You did a fantastic job on those docking rings. Looking at your progress pics is liking looking at ILM building the original model.

Ktaylor

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
WOW, your falcon is looking amazing. You did a fantastic job on those docking rings. Looking at your progress pics is liking looking at ILM building the original model.
Thanks!! It’s been super fun and taught me a lot about the awesomeness of SS modeling! I’m hooked trying to figure out what to scratch build next, need some “easy” after this one heh.