My C&S Blade Runner blaster customized Paint Job

spinner44.com

Let me first say that I really like the original paint that came with my C&S blaster. I just felt like modifying it to reflect a more broken in (not brokeback) look. So I finally had a 2 hour window today and went to town. I went for a worn blued metal effect on the barrel shroud while keeping the magazine looking like plastic. I also toned down the brightness of the trigger guard and frame with Alclad steel. It still kinda looks bright in the photo although it's several shades darker than the original. I'm pretty happy. :)

Update: 4/23
I still wasn't 100% about the rest of the body so I went to the paints again this morning. This looks a lot more real in person. It still photographs lighter than what it is. But this way you can see more detail.

[attachmentid=8062]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(punisher @ Apr 23 2006, 03:33 AM) [snapback]1231472[/snapback]</div>
WOW. how did you achieve the worn blued metal look on the barrel shroud?
nice job.
-Scott
[/b]

The barrel shroud was painted black. wet sanded, then airbrushed with Alclad steel and then aibrushed with Alclad transparent smoke. I finished it with buffing compound to give it the metal sheen. Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tain669 @ Apr 23 2006, 03:43 AM) [snapback]1231475[/snapback]</div>
Looks great.Is that the regular one or the all metal one :cheers :thumbsup
[/b]

It's the resin one. The triggers and the barrel are metal however. They are cover with paint anyway.

Thank you Rich. I really enjoy this prop. The detail of the casting makes my paint job look all the better. This is now the centerpiece of my collection. It displays really well with the stand too.

Thanks again. :)

[attachmentid=7776]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(superjedi @ Apr 24 2006, 12:32 AM) [snapback]1231903[/snapback]</div>
Spinner44,
How much disassembly was involved to isolate the parts you repainted?
I like the new pics.. Really nice.
[/b]

About 7 screws takes it apart. It was pretty easy.

Very nice job. :D

I especially like the darker steel color for the trigers and trigger guard.

I really like the multi-tone look on the Blade Runner gun. That's how I painted mine as well, making the "metal" parts look like gunmetal and the "plastic" parts like black plastic. I used a combination of Testors gunmetal, titanium, and magnesium buffing metallizers and Krylon BBQ black for the magazine.

Thanks for sharing.

Great prop and an awesome paint job. :) Everytime I see pics of the C&S it makes the waiting for the metal version all the more painful. :cry

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back