My build mk6

tijojo98

Here I will post all the progress of my MK6 hybrid build half foam half fiberglass because if I was doing it full fiberglass I wont be ready for montreal comic con in july . So the helmet, the back an the chest will be in fiberglass because these are all the piece where there will be somme mechanic system and the rest will be in foam covered with smooth cast instead of plasti dip that show all the seams and the bubbles in the foam. I will only use plasti dip for the gloves, the abs articulating part and the neck seal.

So guys big news today I got the chance to meet mr jetman himself and i talked with him about his jet wing and i also talked to him about my iron man armor and he told me he was inspired by iron man and Icare and i asked him about his avionic and got the info I wanted and I decided this summer is going to be a lot of work because I need 10 000$ to buy two jetcat engine which provide 50kg of thrust and weight 2 kg each he told me if you make him flight come fly with me and vince reffet he is my idol since im really young so I really appreciate to see him support my project so i plan to 3d print the mk39 and install the jetcat engine inside the back jetpack because of the flight physic i might need to build a small wing with carbon fiber but that should not be a problem since im studying in aerospace engineering at canada national aerotechnic school and moght be able to have access to my school powertool if i need a wing i will put the fuel in the wing and a small kerosen tank in the back covered in anti fire material its gonna be a really expensive project but im not doing it for the fame or anuthing im doing it to realize my dream which as always been to fly without the need of an aircraft and since we do this why not doing it as iron man ? So i hope it will be a success and that my aerospace engineery will be able to make my dream come true so here is me with the jetman
caf5f152cb7a1fbfa605a6ae11d845cc.jpg
b8a2d417adacd26461c7074eb9dd0bbb.jpg
these are the jetcat engine
7fb4fb586788389dad1714fc173d5d6c.jpg
please god let me fly like him thats the only thing i ask for

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: My iron man mkVI hybrid build

I didnt curved the front abs part enought I think

Yes I know I used the mk 7 helmet but once I will coat it with bondo it wont look like the mk7 I just didnt want to have the pain to pep all the grooves and everything that anyway would and full of resin

Looking good ☺

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Thank you . Really appreciated i just think i didnt pep the faceplate well. Its a bit flat and contrarely to some people i cant fit it on the helmet without tape to hold the shape
a87bf33a08353b1f4dec66eb1915f79c.jpg

I'm not a fan of the separate faceplates. They never seem to fit together right. I know people think they're doing us a favor but it's more trouble it seems. If I were you and still wanted an opening faceplate I would glue it all together and after hardening and most of the smoothing, then I would cut them apart. Question is, are you better at making straight cuts or better at shaping two separate pieces perfectly so they fit together? :)

-Rog

I'm not a fan of the separate faceplates. They never seem to fit together right. I know people think they're doing us a favor but it's more trouble it seems. If I were you and still wanted an opening faceplate I would glue it all together and after hardening and most of the smoothing, then I would cut them apart. Question is, are you better at making straight cuts or better at shaping two separate pieces perfectly so they fit together? :)

-Rog
Straight cut for sure ahah

Little progress update heres is what is done so far . Moving quite fast the neck is fully completed and there is the chest and helmet that are not on the picture i also took a brake at the last minute to freehand in 30 minutes a batman forearm for the batman v superman theater premiere
a4e77e3395befd4d9d699d570ec4f6b8.jpg

Sory for the inactivitg but here is a massive update so here is the arm.section done i just got the bad idea to do the bicep one after the other anf loosed motivation for the second one for now i didnt repeated the error with the forearm
174988559954e511c46e3c63a39b5476.jpg
here is the codpiece completed
be240ca1b6d12d0a617c5a2a91b9ba5d.jpg
c2ce946857b52a1e0675ac2211d98c96.jpg
here are the abs that I didnt curved enough and i will also need to sand all th paint to the foam to the left and right parts because since i didnt curved it enought I will glue them to codpiece
1bc47c4b3be5c71dd613c857669e6354.jpg
3e1d66e17f1e91ca75e69841180a72b6.jpg
and here is the helmet after pep
a78583277327985ed7d8bb90d270b1b2.jpg
after resin
76cb93503dd4bf5e247e512fff4e9739.jpg
here after fiberglass (my fiberglass job is a real danger i will pad the inside with my eva foam scraps to protect my eye and my head
24ab2403fccd04908854f033cdad286f.jpg
and here after my first bondo job ever and also a real disaster my brim is all rounded on the left side of the helmet and the base of the faceplate is a disaster it full of air because it became hard when i was spreading it personnally I think that bondo doesnt spread well at all or maybe its just me who suck ahah
06dff2c1d5baeca0ded20380bd7ea2d5.jpg
e4681f3e101cb819c403fa2b7ecd5d59.jpg
one question guys should I bondo the part with the vent on top because the vent is really small and im scared that just one coat would be enought to fill the vent

Also sadly guys there wont be any animatronics i cluding faceplate on this suit because im out of money i need to keep my money for the paint because I got the bad idead to go with duplicolor paint when I only had 600$CAD of budget and the full paintjob will cost ne around 175$ and my helmet fiberglass job is not really good too but i plan this summer to make a daft punk helmet and thats gonna be a show ahahha I will keep my animatronic suit for my future 3d printed warmachine mk3 or mk39 starboost I want to do one of the because even if I wanted to do the mk45 well almost everybody do the 45 in 3d print so i wanted to be a bit original bit I also have an eye on the mk17 which im in love with the chest and the helmet I plan to buy a Wanhao duplicator I3 V2 so MC DONALDS HERE I COME TO WORK AHAHAH

Nice updates.

Regarding the bondo, you probably used too much hardener. The bondo should be easy to spread and cure within +/- 30 mins. (depending on the product, check the details on the packaging)

The vents: It's not really a problem if some bondo gets stuck inside the vent. You can always get it out with a dremel.

Body filler is always a golfball of filler to a pea of hardener, so that's one thing to remember. And that's about as much as I would work with at a time. Also remember skim coats, and if you need it to be thinner/smoother, acetone can be added, although if it's the actual Bondo brand then it will always be a bit grainy. Lacquer thinner is another option for thinning, but that tends to eat away at other things so definitely test first to see if your fiberglass is compatible.

Acetone also extends the cure time a bit, which will help.

-Rog

Nice updates.

Regarding the bondo, you probably used too much hardener. The bondo should be easy to spread and cure within +/- 30 mins. (depending on the product, check the details on the packaging)

The vents: It's not really a problem if some bondo gets stuck inside the vent. You can always get it out with a dremel.
Oh yeah I was using like 3 cm of hardener for a golfball I think it was the problem cant wait to get a 3d printer it look awesome and more student friendly ahah than foam or fiberglass build for the time

Body filler is always a golfball of filler to a pea of hardener, so that's one thing to remember. And that's about as much as I would work with at a time. Also remember skim coats, and if you need it to be thinner/smoother, acetone can be added, although if it's the actual Bondo brand then it will always be a bit grainy. Lacquer thinner is another option for thinning, but that tends to eat away at other things so definitely test first to see if your fiberglass is compatible.

Acetone also extends the cure time a bit, which will help.

-Rog
It seem lime a good idea im gonna give it a try thank you

Oh yeah I was using like 3 cm of hardener for a golfball I think it was the problem cant wait to get a 3d printer it look awesome and more student friendly ahah than foam or fiberglass build for the time

That's a bit much :). On the packaging of my filler it describes 2gr of hardener for each 100gr of filler. So that would add up with the pea to golfball idea.

Really bad news today i cuted off the faceplate with my dremel to be abke to go put some fiberglass in the chin that i wasnt able to reach and i learned the hard way that this dremel connector with a wire and a mini dremel at the end of it is absolutely needed because with the dremel you cant cut deep because the dremel touch the helmet so i tried some crazy move and i almost destroyed the helmet does anybody know a way to do some structural repair because it needs a lot now ahah help woukd be greatly appreciated
eb614a8eacc2e9682d7830b36c1394c6.jpg
cfbd2f1bdd08501a5f61ce74ceea926b.jpg
d613377bb83db1f0ec73f726d6f30358.jpg

So yesterday i did bondo on the faceplate and i wanted to see how my helmet would look with the eyes lights so i put two flashlight behind the eyes and at the same time it showed me where were the spot with no bondo that i couldnt see i also realised that with the small bondo can you cant even do one coat of bondo on the helmet
b2cae980f2194c5c8c91489990a9e402.jpg
066506ffeb32d697b37873b5ce7bb2c1.jpg
4b84f5b57dc2f30c906b63939b82a8db.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back