My budget Han Solo ESB + comic book Leia Cosplay (PIC HEAVY)

Barcslay

Hey guys, long time lurker here. Figured I'd post some things that I got together for comic con this year in Philadelphia! I got together a Han Solo ESB outfit for myself, and my girlfriend chose a very specific Leia to be: from the Marvel Princess Leia Comic series. Enjoy!

First I created our blasters from airsoft guns and PVC fittings from the local Home Depot. The bracket is made of 2 plastic outdoor conduit covers and were cut and sanded as closely as I could get them, and then used Epoxy putty to attach to the scope mount, and then sanded. The flash hider is made of an automotive funnel, common glue stick method, and PVC. I took some liberties with the design because I wanted it to be a variant on the DL-44, not quite an exact copy.

Then came the holster. I don't have any "in progress" pics of my Han hero holster, but I have one of Leia's so you can see what the mockup looks like. I did all the leatherwork by hand and cut the 1/8" aluminum based on Valor's patterns. The holster and belt itself are loosely based on the massive Crazylegmurphy thread, but I had to do some tweaking since I'm 6"1' and thicker than Harrison Ford.

Then onto the helmet, I let my girl pick her own colors for the helmet, and then I made it from floor mat foam following EvilTed's method and loosely from a template made by "Lost Wax".

I don't have all the belt greeblies and pouches so I made it a more streamlined design until I can 3D print my greebles, but I did make the droid caller from some PVC fittings.

For me, the boots are some rubber riding boots from poshmark ($30!) and the shirt was made using the pillowcase method. The only "purchased Han piece" was the Jacket; it's from fjackets.com, although I do wish it was more navy in color. My pants were an old pair of dockers that I ran some yellow fabric ribbon (with sharpied lines down the seam) using fabric tape.

For Leia, the boots she had, the shirt is a white columbia quarter zip from ebay, brown pleather vest from ebay, and white jeans from walmart!

Altogether, I'm really happy with how it came out! Let me know what you guys think? Thanks for looking :)

Attachments

• IMG_9701.JPG
    IMG_9701.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_9715.png
    IMG_9715.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 184
Thanks! I’ve learned a lot around here and found I have a love of working with leather. The best part of making is all the new techniques you learn along the way! I never would have thought I’d enjoy working with EVA so much as well.

Nice looking costumes man! I'm looking at a budget han solo blaster myself. What airsoft model is your solo blaster made of ?
I'm gonna assume an airsoft mauser c96,

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back