my bttf drive switch

who45

ok big apologies for the die hards again - being in the uk many things are only available on import - so after buying the items we get an additional import duty added often doubling the original cost.

i also had trouble reading all the labels and to put xmas tree on the box i didnt like so i replaced it with flux flow

so i built this from uk only sourceable parts

the box is a metal project box wrapped in conformable vinyl, toggle switches and labels, the stop switch and lights were bought in the uk as i couldnt find the same sorts. the handle is a genuine spark plug cleaner - which i managed to find in the uk. the daytom box is totally scratch built - due to import tax issues - if i was going to have paid the money for a switch i may as well have bought a ready built one - so that takes the fun out of things.

the the daytom was made from styrene, dibond, i purchase 50mm washers, 20mm pipe and cut them up to recreate the black tube inside the box, i then bought earthing straps, added some wire, cut a bit of acrylic and bent it.

the overall item is 10% smaller than the original due to the size of box that was available to me in the uk.

this was my 2nd build so again im very happy with it
45allassembled.jpg

44allassembled.jpg

43allassembledcloseup.jpg

42allassembled.jpg

41allassembled.jpg

40allassebled.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back