My "Apollo's Chariot" Diorama

Oriontide

A funny thing happened when I was building this variation on the Viper fighter from Battlestar Galactica, I frakked up the landing gear. I mean I did a really bang up job of messing them up to the point where I put them on the wrong way. And when I tried to fix it, the Viper sat in a skewered fashion that said something was seriously wrong.

So, instead of tossing the model out, I used it in a diorama that takes place some one hundred years after the Rag Tag Fleet had found Earth. I put decals on it, making it Apollo's Viper, having been abandoned to rust in a field. But it was not forgotten. Oh no, several generations later, warriors stopped by what they called Apollo's Chariot to tell the tales of the mighty warrior who fought the sky demons known as the Cylones (which is what I figured they'd be calling them).

05.jpg

07.jpg

06.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

I gave the Viper a worn, rusted out look. The figures are all 1/32 scale Historex blanks, which I dressed in the scanty animal skins of a tribe of humans of the Stone Age. They might have lost their knowledge of high technology (such as how to build and maintain this Viper), but they still remember their history. And because of this, Apollo's name shall ring down through the ages.

Sean

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back