My ALIENS Colonial Marine costume replica, pic heavy: PFC Hahn reporting for duty!

ObiHahn

Hi all,

this is my ALIENS USCM replica costume, now I arrived at a point where I'm comfortable to show you my progress. Not far now to 100% completion, the rest of the components are either on their way to me now or ordered.

It's Chef armour painted in the original Humbrols and scrutinizing screen-used camo patterns (Frost and Wierzbowski were the main "donors") and Chef BDUs in correct movie camo, the rest is made from as many original components as I was able to find:
- all real found parts Motion Tracker (save for that elusive "pump widget" and Noble sling)
- Pulse Rifle made from Airsoft metal Thompson with alu-resin Matsuo shrouds and working Majenko counter, also with Noble sling
- real steel helmet with real camera lens
- real working shoulder lamp with resin cast lamp body
- real working SEIKO Pulse Meter with Noble replica wristband
- real belt tool plus 2 resin replicas, 3 worn on the webbing Frost-style

Some pieces are still resin cast replicas only, but no project ever ends, does it?
Without further ado, here's how it all looks like displayed as of now:

15742166593_5ffaa767a2_b.jpg 16362132875_31e82b1d28_b.jpg 16355418912_d4efd50b49_b.jpg 15733860014_3dd4ff3021_b.jpg

Here's some close-ups of the torso armour and grafitti:
16220346336_f17c73588d_b.jpg 16245406312_9e18459d7b_b.jpg

And here's some equipment shots, loads of gear for a Colonial Marine bug stomper:
15844379551_1c1eab8618_b.jpg 16058012922_67ba7c15a2_b.jpg 16058009092_b35bb671f3_b.jpg
16124923556_1069ba9616_b.jpg 14908164837_3cf0236df1_b.jpg

Here's something to wear when the helmet gets too heavy:
15872935537_43fbb6a763_b.jpg

It'll all be worn and weathered for a more natural look ASAP but I wanted to share with the RPF already.

Last edited:
Re: My ALIENS Colonial Marine costume replica, pic heavy: PFC Hahn reporting for duty

Here's my hand welder, a resin replica that I overhauled after I got it from another USCM community member:

16362258941_737b02edb3_b.jpg 16176616540_87511e078a_b.jpg

Re: My ALIENS Colonial Marine costume replica, pic heavy: PFC Hahn reporting for duty

Nice collection.

Glad to see you went with personal graffiti instead of copying a screen suit like most do.

Nice collection.

Glad to see you went with personal graffiti instead of copying a screen suit like most do.

Thanks!
I'm no Michael Biehn or Bill Paxton lookalike, so I went with being my own Marine but done up in screen accurate style. We'll be a team of 3 marines, 1 officer and one female pilot. Consider us the USCM squad that remained in stasis onboard the SULACO while the other squad got decimated.

My group has it's own ship with custom patches for the ship and 2 drop ships.
Over a dozen members - Marines, Pilots, Smart Gunner, Officer.

That is a great kit! Toss up some pics when you get the whole group together.

Just for kicks, here is a photo lighting test to show how different the individual Humbrols look in varying lighting conditions:

16374223631_1353e60bb8_k.jpg 15753513604_d64e0a8b53_k.jpg

Also, still working on the pose and equipment placement.

I said it once, I´ll happily say it twice...this is an absolutely fabulous setup.
LOVE the marine being fully equipped!

If I wouldn´t be limited to display my collection in my small office only, I´d surely join the fun and add a USMC 1:1 to my stuff. Would be a SmartGunner, ready to sport my real MG42 based BFG :cool

Make sure to post some pics, once you applied -slight!- weathering :thumbsup

Markus

Thanks again, Markus! You're practically responsible for all this.
I say do the full smart gunner and join our squad!

Slight weathering is already applied, I don't want do overdo it. Thing is, subtle wear and tear never really shows up in pics. I might go about darkening the general "grime" layer on all armour parts but am still undecided if I want to go the heavier weathering route.

Another week, another pose: here's the manny holding on to the gun. Next step will be bleaching the uniform for that "saltier" on-screen look.

16283635308_4344863453_o.jpg

Hi all,

this is my ALIENS USCM replica costume, now I arrived at a point where I'm comfortable to show you my progress. Not far now to 100% completion, the rest of the components are either on their way to me now or ordered.

It's Chef armour painted in the original Humbrols and scrutinizing screen-used camo patterns (Frost and Wierzbowski were the main "donors") and Chef BDUs in correct movie camo, the rest is made from as many original components as I was able to find:
- all real found parts Motion Tracker (save for that elusive "pump widget" and Noble sling)
- Pulse Rifle made from Airsoft metal Thompson with alu-resin shrouds and working counter, also with Noble sling
- real steel helmet with real camera lens
- real working shoulder lamp with resin cast lamp body
- real working SEIKO Pulse Meter with Noble replica wristband
- real belt tool plus 2 resin replicas, 3 worn on the webbing Frost-style

Some pieces are still resin cast replicas only, but no project ever ends, does it?
Without further ado, here's how it all looks like displayed as of now:

View attachment 430642 View attachment 430643 View attachment 430644 View attachment 430645

Here's some close-ups of the torso armour and grafitti:
View attachment 430646 View attachment 430647

And here's some equipment shots, loads of gear for a Colonial Marine bug stomper:
View attachment 430650 View attachment 430651 View attachment 430652
View attachment 430653 View attachment 430654

Here's something to wear when the helmet get's too heavy:
View attachment 430655

It'll all be worn and weathered for a more natural look ASAP but I wanted to share with the RPF already.

Very nice set. I need to post pics of mine now.

looks amazing !! quick question , im just about to order my armor and have been researching like crazy but i cant seem to find a reference on how all the shoulder pieces attach together you think you could post a pic of it ? just an inside shot of the back of the plates and the straps would be amazing ! thank you

WOW! Just WOW! Love this setup. I like your attention do detail and I love the added "Apex Predator" on the chest piece really gives it that Battle Hardened Colonial Marine Feel. Kudos on making your own M4A1 Pulse Rifle yourself, it's the personal touches that always make me do a double take and go "Hey! That's not that replica that (insert replica company here) makes?" I would love to see what you could do if you made a M56 Smart Gun like Vasquez carried. I have a feeling that that would get to be to heavy and bundle-some though.

looks amazing !! quick question , im just about to order my armor and have been researching like crazy but i cant seem to find a reference on how all the shoulder pieces attach together you think you could post a pic of it ? just an inside shot of the back of the plates and the straps would be amazing ! thank you

10403513_10152911965598728_3552626757252088183_n.jpg

Thank you so much ! You have no idea how many times I've tried to look this up and can't get a clear photo of it !!

Thank you so much ! You have no idea how many times I've tried to look this up and can't get a clear photo of it !!
not my photo but i had the same problem and Nick Bedwell was kind enough to help so just passing it on

Awesome ! Thank you again

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments. :)

My strapping follows the screen-used costume's strapping as closely as I could research, and looks pretty much exactly like Nick's version shown above. But most of it is now obscured by the padding inside the shoulder pieces, so a pic makes little sense I guess.

I went ahead and darkened down my armour hard parts considerably, while fading the colours from my uniform.
I also kicked the armour components across a concrete basement floor for additional natural weathering and it looks way more convincing now, methinks.

Here are some daylight photos:

P2280001.JPGP2280002.JPGP2280003.JPGP2280004.JPG

Here's a comparison picture with screen used armour that was on display back at ALIEN WAR:
comp_orig_replica_weathering.jpg

Attachments

• comp_orig_replica_weathering.jpg
    comp_orig_replica_weathering.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:

You know how I feel about your gear, but I'll say it again here... AWESOME.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back